Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emil255 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2007, 11:13 AM
    How can I hide some data
    How can I hide some data in the table from different users< another way <, I like to some user see only part of data
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 9, 2007, 11:56 AM
    Create views that only show the data you want to make available to that group of users. Then give them access to the view, not the underlying table.
    tikitime Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Mar 27, 2007, 07:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by emil255
    How can i hide some data in the table from different users< another way <, i like to some user see only part of data

What release are you using?

If you are using 10G, Row Level security and Fine grained access control is what you need. Do a search on dbms_rls and you'll find lots of info. :cool:

Here is an example and demo of fgac: Oracle DBMS_RLS Fine Grained Access Control Virtual Private Database

Or, as the previous poster mentioned, create a view that only shows the data that you wish to show that usergroup.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Data entry or data processing from home. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello from Florida, My name is Don and I am looking for a free data entry from home website that I can find. It is not easy to find! Please help!

How to hide a running a program! [ 1 Answers ]

Now I have a program, but I don't want it to be closed by other users who use that computer,too. What should I do, is there a program to ask for a password whenever some one tries to close it?

Hide icon tray.. [ 4 Answers ]

I want to hide tray icon of my open program so that other can't use it... I all ready try systrayx it good but demo version is now enddate, so I'm just trying to find if there is any tray icon hider available "FREE SOFTWARE" :D...

Better way to hide password? [ 6 Answers ]

My boyfriend's ex was a computer genius.. and also a little bit psycho. She had his email and so got my address. Now, I do not know how, but she was able to get my password or something and enter my inbox. So I did the logical thing and changed my password (we both did)... but she KEEPS getting...

How can I hide a program [ 6 Answers ]

Hello I have a question How can I hide a program from add or remove programs in control panel??

View more questions Search