Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    opal183 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2004, 11:00 PM
    Military wedding
    I'm not engaged yet, I'm getting the ring on his next leave ( one month).. but however he wants to get married with in like 3-4 months, where as I wanted to get married in about 9-12.. how ever that is changing.. I'd marry him tomorrow if I could. I want a simple wedding, I don't need anything fancy, however I would like to invited extend family/friends.. I need it to be cheap as we are a college/military couple and don't expect our parents to pay for it.
    Any suggestions??
    Much appreciation.
    Malcolmgrad Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2004, 10:16 AM
    The average cost of weddings in usa is $22000 but it could be less than $500
    You could look up wedding chapels on Yahoo yellow pages. Some are expensive others are not, and also make sure what the seating capacity is as well as any additional things that are thrown in. You could ask the assistance of a friend with beautiful handwriting to help with the invitations. Try to send them out at least 6 weeks before the wedding. Use Ebay and Internet. You could find an inexpensive dress there as well as other items. Hope I could help and sorry I did not have other suggestions
    kaihila Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Nov 10, 2004, 02:30 AM
    I suggest you ask the Chaplain of whatever base your fiance' is on. They usually agree. ~! Good luck to you~! :)
    Shidoshi Posts: 71, Reputation: 4

Dec 10, 2005, 01:15 PM
    Hi everybody. I just decided to get engaged with my beautiful girlfriend but I am not so great in choosing the right e-ring.

Anyway, finally something caught my attention

http://www.bebimi.com/product/14k-Wh...-I1-Size-9.htm

Please, have a look at it and drop me a review.

Thank you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 17, 2005, 06:42 PM
    Marriage
    First just don't plan an expensive wedding.

If you want to have a reception, have it done by family members if you wish.

Next how many people, there are in many areas small wedding chapels where the minister does the service for a couple hundred dollars.

Or even a wedding in your home or hall at a motel for a small fee.
    (actually I do that in TN) and there are many ministers who do the same all over the nation
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Dec 17, 2005, 07:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Shidoshi
    Hi everybody. I just decided to get engaged with my beautiful girlfriend but I am not so great in choosing the right e-ring.

Thank you.

Availability: Sold out

It is a beautiful item, but as you notice - it says SOLD OUT on this site. Try another one, or go to jewler or pawnshop and see if you have any luck there. Las Vegas has some great pawn shops with some quality rings, if close enough to travel over the weekend, I'd try there. Good Luck.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Dec 17, 2005, 08:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Shidoshi

Thank you.
    Shidoshi, it's great that you found the girl for you, but it's not the most ethical thing to do by barging into a personal post by a Young lady who has plans for her happiness unless you are the one that she is going to marry. It would have been more tasteful to start a thread of your own, and leave her her own dream for the future and wish her lots of luck. Please try and be a little tasteful next time.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Dec 17, 2005, 08:10 PM
    Dear Opal
    Quote Originally Posted by kaihila
    I suggest you ask the Chaplain of whatever base your fiance' is on. They usually agree. ~! Good luck to you~! :)
    If time, other schedules, and security allows your family and friends on base near your home, you and he can check with the military chaplain there and ask him to perform the ceremony, and a reception at the NCO or Officer's Club will probably also not cost that much, depending on the time of day, it could also be a buffet. It will not hurt to ask and as long as you have permission from the Commanding Officer, there should be no problem. Wishing you all the luck in your new beginning!
    mrs.pennell Posts: 132, Reputation: 21

Dec 22, 2005, 12:56 PM
    I don't know if this helps or not, but my fiancé and I are also planning a wedding and it needs to be very inexpensive. He has a huge family and wants to invite a lot of friends so we are having a BBQ. It will be not too expensive and we are telling people BYOB... that might sound kind of tacky but all our friends are still in their twenties and it will be fun for them and less expensive too! Good luck and congratulations!
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Dec 22, 2005, 02:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs.pennell
    I don't know if this helps or not, but my fiance and I are also planning a wedding and it needs to be very inexpensive. He has a huge family and wants to invite alot of friends so we are having a BBQ. It will be not too expensive and we are telling people BYOB...that might sound kind of tacky but all our friends are still in their twenties and it will be fun for them and less expensive too!! Good luck and congratulations!
    Now, that sounds like a fun wedding!
    If everyone goes along with it, I can imagine you having a whole lot of fun and that's the type of wedding that will not be forgotten for a long time. Wish you both the best - it sure is going to have a good start! After the event, please send us a picture posted here somewhere, please. Until then, Happy Holidays!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Military wedding [ 4 Answers ]

I need to know do u have to use red, white and blue for you wedding colores? That's just not me. :eek:

Countries without a military? [ 1 Answers ]

Can you tell me how many,and which countries do NOT have a standing army? Or where I can find that information? Thanks!

Which countries do NOT have a military? [ 2 Answers ]

Could you tell me how many,and which countries do not have a standing army? Or information where I might locate this? Thanks you!

View more questions Search