Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2011, 05:37 PM
    Sony Aquos LC-37G4U
    The television was working fine until this evening after mounting it on to a wall bracket.
    The power indicator light on the monitor flashes red, when I turn the TV on with the remote I can hear a click and the indicator light goes green for just a couple of seconds as if it is going to turn on but then goes back to red.
    I've tried the reset button on the AVC System. Any other suggestions that might work?
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Nov 28, 2011, 07:22 PM
    First off, Sony does not make the Aquos line. That is Sharp.

All of that sounds normal. It is normal for the red light to flash red, then to hear the relay click, followed by the standby light turning green. This is normal start up procedure.

But then for the TV to shut back off sounds like a component failure in the TV. It could be the main board, but without seeing the set and running diagnostics, I cannot be sure.

I believe that model is probably outside of the manufacturer's warranty, but if you have any extended warranty you will want to take it off the wall and give the warranty company a call.

If it is not under warranty you will probably be looking at anywhere between $200-600 for a repair. A new 37" LCD will be right around that same price range.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2011, 06:10 AM
    Thank you for your answer and my mistake it is a Sharp!
    The set is 6.5 yrs old and I figured I'd be looking at a new set... Merry Christmas to me!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sharp aquos TV power cord? [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I purchase a Sharp aquos TV power cord Model #LC-C3234U, 120 volts, 60 hertz, 135 watts. I live in orange county, ca We lost ours in transfer... thank you, Emi

Sharp aquos volume level problem 40 [ 1 Answers ]

We just installed a Sharp Aquos 40" and even with the volume all the way up it is hard to hear.

Sharp Aquos LC-42D62U 42 in. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I just bought a Sharp TV 42 inch LCD... it has a function to set a custom picture and sound mode called AV Mode. When I switch it to my preferred settings it always goes back to a Dynamic Fixed setting is there a way I can lock my customs settings on my TV?

Sharp Aquos 32D42U and low volume [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Live in Costa Rica where technical help is very scarce. Bought the above TV and have connected the antenna, am using a Direct TV box. I can receive all the channels that I subscribe to but the volume even when turned up to the maximum seems very quiet, although the sound is good. - The...

View more questions Search