Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 27, 2011, 04:00 PM
    Birthday trip
    So Linda is celebrating her {age deleted to preserve my life} birthday in March. Suffice to say it's a significant one.

We were originally planning on a cruise, but Linda is now concerned that my (alleged) snoring is going keep her awake and in the cramped accommodation of a ship stateroom, she won't be able to sleep. {Note" we will be doing a time share exchange for the trip so we can usually get a two bedroom unit. 2nd Note, our daughter will be accompanying us}

So we are thinking of a different idea. One of the main reasons for going on a cruise was the entertainment and non-stop activities. So we want to try to duplicate that type of amenities.

So any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Nov 27, 2011, 04:07 PM
    Have you thought of Northern California and the wine country? There is plenty to do and to see. They have balloon rides over the valley as well as a railroad. There is a lake nearby as well as within a days drive many major attractions. Also lots of history. You can pan for gold where they started the gold rush. Or scuba off the coast for abalone. Or plan a tour that takes you through several areas over a weeks time.

NapaValley.com - The authority for lodging, winery, dining, activities, real estate, and current events in the Napa Valley.

Northern California Travel & Tourism | The Official Travel Guide to the Shasta Cascade Region
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 27, 2011, 04:27 PM
    Hey Scott, my son swears by a mouthpiece he purchased through an ENT. Looks like a retainer for braces but he alleges, and Anni his wife agrees, it works. Being an old cheapo here's another solution. Breath rite strips for your nose, crazy glue your lips together and ear plugs for the wifey. Wouldn't that be romantic on the cruise? LOL. Take the cruise, romantic even if you snore, you'll love it. March is a bit too chilly for Alaska, but the Caribbean is great, particularly the French and Dutch islands. Have fun, Brian
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 27, 2011, 05:13 PM
    Can mother and daughter share a room?
    March weather can be anything, so the cruise still sounds good.
    Another activity-laden idea is one of the island deals like Sandals for families.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is a good birthday present for a 21st birthday? [ 5 Answers ]

I am 18 years old and my current boyfriend is 20 years old. I am very undecisive on what to give him for his birthday. His is going to turn 21 and there thing he could do but I can't yet. Any advice.

What to do about a trip [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend bought us tickets 1 yr ago for a trip to Hawaii the trip is in 2 weeks. My problem is I weight 350lbs and I'm worried that I will have to pay for another ticket. I have tried to find anything online to find out what the weght limit is for 1 person can't find anything. Do I tell him I...

Trip to Barbados [ 1 Answers ]

I want to travel to Barbados in late July a and return before 10 Aug. Where can I get cheap tickets. What is considered cheap and am I too late for a reasonably priced ticket.:(

Trip to NY [ 1 Answers ]

My ultimate vacation would be to go to Manhattan ,ny! But the only problem I'm having is were to stay I want to be in downtown around everything so any on ideas on the best place to stay?? Also I would love to know what is the best things to see I know the basics like statue of liberty,time square...

Long trip to nowhere [ 4 Answers ]

Ok, please don't think bad of me here but a while back I was in a relationship with a guy that I couldn't keep doing because I didn't know what I wanted. Since then I have gone out with a few people but none of them gave me what I got from the first guy. The problem is now he has become sort of...

View more questions Search