Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shynalicious Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2007, 08:59 AM
    Depo shot
    I need help what's the side effects of getting off the depo shot I've been on it for 6 months and never got back on it but I haven't got my period since is this bad and plus my breast has been hurting a swelling is this part of the symptoms of getting off it so soon. I got off the depo shot because I was getttin sharp pains in my arm and chest.. what is the problem?
    bkdaniels Posts: 140, Reputation: 12

Feb 10, 2007, 07:10 AM
    I strongly urge you to consult with your Physician on this. Once you discontinue the pill or shot, you can expect to experience some adverse reaction as a result of your body adjusting to it's decrease in hormone levels.

These are considered to be mild and non-life threatening, however. They should go away on their own or until the shot wears off.

Nevertheless, the sharp pain in your arm and chest may be more severe. Getting off the pill was your best decision.

Some women are not able to take chemical methods of birth control because or rare, serious side effects such as ACHES. ACHES is any or a conbination of:

Abdominal pain(severe)
    Chest pain (severe or shortness of breath)
    Headaches(severe)
    Eye problems such as blurred vision or loss of vision
    Severe leg pain (calf or thigh)

Hope this answers your question!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Depo Shot [ 18 Answers ]

I just started the depo shot about 5 days ago... so far all I have heard about it is horror stories... I am glad to report that so far I haven't had any side affects... only a little more sensitive... but then again it hasn't even been a week yet... I kind of just got on it with out asking any...

When will I get my period after going off the Depo Vera Shot ? [ 12 Answers ]

Hi, My name is Amy. My next due date for my shot is Jan. 17th. But I am not getting it anymore due to my body feeling uncomfortable, I was gaining weight, always felt bloated and I read somewhere that if you have depression you shouldn't be on it, which I do and take Zoloft for it. I was only on...

How is too long to take the Depo Shot? [ 8 Answers ]

I have been taking the Depo shot for nearly six years and am wondering if this is too long. My gyno is going to check it out, but I wanted to know before April 2007. If anyone knows, I would appreciate you letting me know. Thanks in advance! I have read some horror stories that really scare me. I...

Could this be caused by the Depo shot? [ 2 Answers ]

Can somebody help me? I got the Depo shot for the first time in November for the first time. Since about a month after I have had nothing but problems like I have been bleeding more regular than usual menstrual periods last, itchiness down there, burns to pea, back pain, my breasts have been...

The depo birthcontrol shot [ 2 Answers ]

I've been on the depo shot for six months and I was suppose to go back sept 29,2006 for my third shot but I did not go on the 29th when my shot was due I had cramps in my lower stomach area and I was bleeding but not heavy I'm I trying to start my periode so soon or what.:eek:

View more questions Search