Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bigtt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2007, 08:23 AM
    Coleman evcon heating and aircondition
    I have question on my coleman I set the heat to 70's after I warm up the house I set the temp to 63 and when I woke up this morning around 6 am the heating is not working and the temp was 59. Do you know what's wrong with it? I try to on and off main switch but its not working.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 9, 2007, 08:34 AM
    Before I can offer any help I have a few questions. Was this a one time problem? When you re-set the stat to 70 degrees does the house heat up to that temp or is it staying in the 50's?
    bigtt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2007, 08:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtt
    i have question on my coleman i set the heat to 70's after i warm up the house i set the temp to 63 and when i woke up this morning around 6 am the heating is not working and the temp was 59. do you know whats wrong with it? I try to on and off main switch but its not working.
    Yes this is the first time happen. Yes when I set to 70 degrees the house heat up and to that temp. usually it's automatically on when it reach the temp I set on. My wife said she heard was running around 3am but the temp on the house is cold when I woke up this morning the system is not working the motor or blower is not even turning. Do you know if the fuse or I have to call the maintenance to fix it. Thanks
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 9, 2007, 09:01 AM
    It is not the fuse if you are able to reset the furnace. When a fuse is blown it stays blown. I suspect that your thermostat may be the problem. Do you have a stat that allows automatic night setback temperatures? If so, double check the program to insure the stat is calling for a warm temp in the morning. Might want to replace the battery inside the stat just to be sure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Coleman evcon furnace [ 5 Answers ]

My home has coleman evcon furnace 12 years old.I can set the thermostat at 74 degrees and the furnace will start with a 30second purge then the ignitor will warm up and glow red then the main burner lights.then the burner stays lit and the blower runs for a couple minutes. Then the thermostat calls...

Coleman Evcon BlendAir Alarm [ 3 Answers ]

I have an ~ 1998 Coleman Evcon gas furnace in a mobile home. It has a "BlendAire II" system on it. Recently, an alarm went off which indicates a problem with the vent attic fan. Does anyone know what this does or what typically goes wrong with this ? From what I have read, there is a circuit...

Coleman Evcon fan keeps running [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, This is my first question and I'm hoping someone can help me. I have a 1996 Coleman Evcon gas heater/ac unit in my manufactured home. The problem I'm having is that the fan (not heat or ac) keeps coming on for no reason. Even when I have the heat and ac off, the fan keeps kicking on and...

Coleman evcon [ 2 Answers ]

Fan won't come on in heat position

View more questions Search