Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ben221 Posts: 25, Reputation: 3

Nov 26, 2011, 09:09 AM
    14 years old and never eaten any fruit or veg
    This question is not about me,it is my step sister

She is now 14 and all her life she has been living off cheese, pasta, pizza, bread, tomato ketchup and chips. She might sneak in a can of tomato soup or a granny smith apple to her diet very occasionally, but this is literally all she eats - no joke. The only exercise she gets is the compulsory 2 hours a week at school. The annoying thing is is that she's not even fat, she looks perfectly healthy.

Her attitude to trying new foods is out of this world - her reaction is just 'urgghh' or 'why would people eat this?' or 'just looking at it makes me want to puke', even to simple fruits like strawberries or pears; my mum and I just want to punch her stupid face. She doesn't eat any sort of meat - she claims she's a vegetarian, but she has never ever had any fruit or vegetables in her life - no joke, not even a carrot or some peas or potatoes or anything (apart from the odd granny smith apple - these are the only apples she likes).

Today her dad was said "I'm really worried about your health", and her reply was "since when did you have a degree in nutrition" and "why should I start trying things now" in her stupid teenage attitude tone.

This made me angry.

So I was wondering what her health is going to be like later in life if she carries on living off fats and carbohydrates. I couldn't care less what the consequences would be because she's a ***** to my mum, she only cares about herself, she's got her head deep up her ***, she's vain, she's a bully (she was bullying a lesbian on fb), she's spoilt (she cried at christmas because her dad didn't my her an apple mac book pro at the age of 12 - why on earth she needed on at that age I have no idea).
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 26, 2011, 09:24 AM
    Very bad parents, they should be ashamed at not making her eat properly at 3 at 5 at 6 at 10 and so on. It is easy, if they don't serve those foods and merely only serve good foods she will not have a choice.
    NailTech Posts: 61, Reputation: 9

Nov 26, 2011, 09:29 AM
    Some people are picky eaters and in there minds some foods seem disguisting to them. If you know who Dr. Drew is he has a television talk show now and had a episode about this about three weeks ago.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 26, 2011, 09:35 AM
    This is beyond picky. This is unhealthy.

On the other side of things, I'd be more worried about her general attitude than her food choices.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 26, 2011, 09:40 AM
    Yes, if a child ever spoke to me like that, no TV, no computer, no nothing and grounded till attitude changes
    Uber Member

Nov 26, 2011, 09:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Yes, if a child ever spoke to me like that, no TV, no computer, no nothing and grounded till attitude changes

Oh, I agree - eating fruits and vegetables would be the least of her concerns (no matter what Dr. Drew, whoever he is, says. Is that like quoting Judge Judy?).

I am, however, somewhat confused about where the OP is coming from - she and her mother want to punch the non-fruit-eater in the face? I see some, no, a LOT, of sibling rivalry here.

Nov 26, 2011, 10:09 AM
    Yeah she lives with her biological mother during the week, who is in fact a nurse! Then she comes round to her dads (my step dad during weekends)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 26, 2011, 10:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ben221
    So I was wondering what her health is going to be like later in life if she carries on living off fats and carbohydrates. I couldn't care less what the consequences would be because she's a ***** to my mum, she only cares about herself, she's got her head deep up her ***, she's vain, she's a bully (she was bullying a lesbian on fb), she's spoilt (she cried at christmas because her dad didn't my her an apple mac book pro at the age of 12 - why on earth she needed on at that age i have no idea).
    Judging from this last paragraph, ben 221, she sounds like a real handful! Does she seem to get away with everything?

Nov 26, 2011, 10:49 AM
    Judging from this last paragraph, ben 221, she sounds like a real handful! Does she seem to get away with everything?
    Both her mum and dad have always been there for her and have always had plenty of money, so she has been given what she needs

Her dad is just too soft and lousy; he always gives in to what she wants. He has never raised his tone of voice to her in the last 10 years I have lived with them, he just laughs and jokes to any backchat she gives to him.

Her mum is a spiteful b*tch - this is where my stepsister gets her personality from. I'm not really sure what goes on under their roof though as I obviously don't live with them

My mum is the only person to raise her voice at her. My mum was born in asia, so was brought up in a hard, disciplined life. My mum has made her cry numerous times when trying to discipline her, but she has now just given up because my stepsister just goes off and gets a big cuddle from her dad who comforts her as if she has done nothing wrong (and why should it be my mums responsibility, its not even her child).
    NailTech Posts: 61, Reputation: 9

Nov 26, 2011, 10:55 AM
    I would leave it in your parents hands. I think this issue may be out of your control you can only suggest that they take her to see a nutritionist or doctor who specifies in nutrtion.
    Uber Member

Nov 26, 2011, 10:58 AM
    Being a stepsibling is a rough road. Not easy for a step parent OR a step child. Sounds like your mother (and you) have your hands full!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Floorboards smell of rotten veg! [ 2 Answers ]

Bought my house a year ago. It is a three storey house, with the ground floor filled in about 10 years ago. Recently smelled a rotten veg smell near kitchen table (on first floor). Smell getting worse so pulled up the carpet where smell seemed to be coming from and floorboards smell much worse....

Fruit and veg shop [ 4 Answers ]

Would owning a fruit n veg shop provide a good earning. I know it would depend on area etc, but its been something I've been thinking about recently. Does anybody run or own a fruit shop? Thanks for your time guys.

Tree with compound leaf and green fruit. Fruit is a drupe. The fruit as Rhamnus but l [ 1 Answers ]

A Tree with compound leaf and green fruit. Fruit is a drupe. The fruit as Rhamnus but leaf nut. I want its name.

Fruit or veg [ 3 Answers ]

Is coconut a fruit or vegetable

Canning fresh veg with pressure cooker [ 1 Answers ]

Hepl please i bought a pressure cooker and in their manual it list how to cook all foods but not how long to pressure cook can foods. I want to can fresh string beans and there is no time table on any fresh vegtables to be canned my pressure cooker is 15 psi. could someone help me on this. My...

View more questions Search