Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dianalittle Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2011, 11:12 PM
    Wrong Mortar
    I used a pre-mixed mortar (unmodified) to lay porcelain tile in my kitchen. A mixed unmodified mortar was used under the hardiboard and it was also screwed down. The pre-mixed mortar stated for "ceramic tile" and this was not noticed until the job was completed. Since it is only my husband and me in the house, there is not any heavy traffic on the floor. What consequences should I expect for using the wrong mortar (since it is generally suggested to use modififed mortar for procelain tile)?

Check out some similar questions!

Glue instead of mortar? [ 9 Answers ]

My son is writing an Eagle project to place decorative cinder blocks around posts supporting a scoreboard. Since we don't know anyone who has experience using mortar for building these, a friend told me he used adhesive glue for concrete/masonry and that it worked very well. The blocks will not be...

Mortar vs caulk [ 2 Answers ]

I have installed some thin brick in my basement. This is 1/2" thick brick veneer that is glued up on a metal panel. The manufacturer recommends that you use Type S mortar with application via a "bakers' bag". I've tried this and find it very cumbersome and to be honest my forearms are simply...

Mortar removal [ 2 Answers ]

Hot to remove soap dish holder affixed to tile with morter

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.