Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alyssa_cumby16 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2011, 11:17 AM
    Can my best friends father adopt me?
    I live with my mom and step dad. My biological father hit me twice and mentally and emotionally abused me as a child, so I can not go to live with him. My mother has two other children with my step-father and is good with taking care of them and so is my step-father, but they are not what's best for me. When I was two years old my mother saw that I should not be living with her because of my biological father, so she sent me to live with my grandmother and I lived there until around almost a year ago. I had moved in with my mother and step-father, along with there two children,and am still living with them today. I am not happy here. I am being mentally and emotionally abused. My step-father yells and screams at me and my brothers for no reason, and has to be put on pills to calm down and stop his blackouts. My mother is disabled because of her back problems. She is bipolar and can not be calm about really anything I try tell her. She gets mad and says many hurtful things to me such as calling me a whore and threatening to send me off to juvy or anything worse and I believe if she had the money she would do so. I can not have a mother-daughter relationship with her. And nor do I or can I have one with either my biological father nor my step-father. They will not alow me to be adopted and will not give me concent to be married. And I do not know if I can get emancipated. If I live with my best friend I can get what I need and be happy. I'll be able to get a job or become a singer because though my mother does not believe so, I have been told I have the voice. The people that want to adopt me are in my best intrests. And I need help. So how can I get adopted, emancipated, or married at sixteen?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 24, 2011, 11:23 AM
    Forget adoption, that will require approval of your parents. Forget marriage, that also requires parental approval and you are too young. I suspect you view marriage more as an escape from your situation rather than how it should be.

That leaves emancipation. Without knowing where you are we don't even know if emancipation is even a legal option. Even if it were it's a long shot since you will need to show that you can liive entirely on your own.

My suggestion is to talk to a school counselor about your situation and see what help you can get to cope.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 24, 2011, 11:26 AM
    And to be emancipated, you have to be able to live on your own, not with someone. Have a job and be able to afford to pay all your own bills.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can my friends mother adopt me [ 5 Answers ]

My moms house is dirty,there's no room for me to sleep,there is no food,roaches everywhere,even in broad daylight there's billions of roaches,on the bed in the bathroom,every little corner you will find roaches,the bathroom is full of nothing but dirty clothes.closets that can't even be open...

Does there have to be a father to adopt a child if the parental father delinguishes [ 2 Answers ]

His rights in the state of PA? My sister just had her ex-husband delinquish all his partental rights and is in the process of having her current husband adopt her daughter because the lawyer is saying that there has to be someone to take his place. I called her lawyer to ask if a aunt or...

I want to adopt my friends kid. [ 2 Answers ]

I have a friend of mine who is just now 18 and has 2 kids and has had 3 abortions. Her newest child I have and want to adopt. The other is with the grandparents, who can't take on another child. Right now I just want them to sign over rights with the eventual outcome of me adopting their child. The...

Father abandoned daughter one and a half years ago and step father wants to adopt [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a question. My daughters father completely stopped contact with my daughter a year and a half ago. We were separated for eight years, Since then I have remarried and gone on with my life. He suddenly stopped all contact with her a year and a half ago, stopped child support about three...

New step father wants to adopt child that has no father on birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I am a new step father and I wish to adopt my 4 year old step son and my 8 year old step son . The 4 year old does not have a father listed on the birth certificate and the 8 year old does but the bio-father has not made any kind of contact in 5 years but is court ordered to pay child support and...

View more questions Search