Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrs_pass Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2007, 02:35 AM
    My computer will not boot up
    Hi Everyone, I'm new here and have encountered a problem with my computer I was installing Norton Security 2007. I had installed it all and was finishing off with a full system scan - the computer simply stopped and crashed.

I tried everything to switch it off without just pressing the button - even alt+ctrl+del to end the process, but even that wouldn't work. I eventually had to reset the hard way and held the power button until it turned off. I waited a few seconds and powered back on, only this time instead of running normally or perhaps running scandisk due to the hard reset. It gave me 5 choices in order to boot up my comp.

Safe mode
    Safe mode with networking
    Safe mode with command prompt

Last known configuration...

And

Boot up the normal way.

I have tried every option and it resets right after it shows the windows and a blue screen but it flashes so fast I am incapable to to read what the anything says. I have an XP windows boot up cd.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 9, 2007, 02:40 AM
    As none of the options are working your best course of action will be a repair install.

Here's some How-To's;

Here's the official Micro$oft way of doing it,
    And Here's one with screen shots.

Basically this installs windows over the top of your current setup, replacing any corrupt system files.
    So you don't loose any information you already have.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer will not boot up completely.. Why? [ 3 Answers ]

My avg scanner says I have a virus c:TDD.EXE trojan horse dropper. Agent.cro Also partition table MBR reads error and boot sector of disk reads error. What does this mean and how can I fix it?

Computer won't boot [ 11 Answers ]

I have recently been building a new system and finally purchased the cpu a few days ago. At first when I put everything together and booted it up all I got was a blank screen and the hard drive light constantly on as well as all fans spinning. So I took out the lithium battery to reset cmos and it...

HELP! My computer won't boot! [ 3 Answers ]

My computer got extreamly messed up... virus' spyware and such.. I got most of it off or what I knew was there.. except for one virse cssrs.exe and I tried to reboot to finish... and it just kept going in a cycle of 3 screens.. so I turned it off.. and now it won't turn back on. The cpu's lights...

I want to re-boot my computer [ 13 Answers ]

I really want to re-boot my computer and start fresh... any suggestions on how to re-boot it because I have no clue... :confused:

Computer will not boot up and keeps restarting itself [ 12 Answers ]

Hello all. I'm new here and have encountered a really unfortunately problem with my hp laptop. This morning I was running a dj program and just letting it play music. I've done it countless times in thepast and has given me no problems, until today that is. It crashed. I easily noticed it...

View more questions Search