Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carmex22000 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2007, 08:36 PM
    Safe mode
    I think my computer is in safe mode. Do I need to keep it there? I have plenty of virus, auto updates, etc. programmed to run and keep it safe. If I need to change the setting of safe mode, please tell me how.
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Feb 9, 2007, 08:09 AM
    You see the words "safe mode" in all 4 corners of the screen?

Safe mode gives you limited use of Windows, because only basic drivers and services are installed / started, so you shouldn't keep it there.

How is safe mode being started? Automatically?

Normally safe mode is user selected. 1. When Windows crashes unexpectedly, a menu will show on the next restart, or 2. By pressing F8 just before the Windows logo to bring up the same menu.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

WinXP Pro Startup in Safe Mode [ 2 Answers ]

Trying to access and use the SAFE Mode start up. Accessing the safe mode causes the following: (1) a display of the "installed equip," (2) Followed by the BSOD, (3) followed by blank screen and lockup. Upon occasion it will go through this twice. The computer was brought to me after an attempt...

No safe mode [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 3 yr old Compaq desktop with 98SE on it. It keeps locking up and when I try to start in safe mode, it locks also. Any ideas on what the problem is? :confused:

Symantec Problems in Safe Mode [ 5 Answers ]

I am infected with Trojan Startpage and following instructions from Symantec need to run AV in safe mode. I am not very knowledgeable on computers but managed to get XP to start in safe mode. When I try to run Symantec Antivirus it fails to start. It throws up an error that asks me whether I...

Safe Mode [ 4 Answers ]

Hello. I know how to access "safe mode", and have used it a couple of times to correct problems, following instructions, but can someone explain please, exactly what it is? Thank you.

Safe mode [ 1 Answers ]

I'm using ME 2000 and cannot get out of safe mode, even after selecting normal during the start up. How can disable the start up mode and return to normal?

View more questions Search