Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Nov 25, 2011, 05:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ladylove25 View Post
    Needkarma-Actually many born again would agree with what i say because they consider more the scriptures and know that we are not part of any denomination. to lable me a "fanatic" and say that i wont find a suitable mate is ridiculous. also saying this: "Most christians are much more tolerant than that" is sinful thinking.Mark 7:6-13 and Romans 10:3-4 condemn the Catholic religion to Hell.

Solidzane-im not disregarding i just dont agree with what you are saying because i really have to consider the scriptures in this and according to the bible it is forbidden to worship any false idols even if its mary. mary was a sinner like everyone else. jesus is the only one we should worship in spirit as our holy savior. :) i understand that he wants to have a depper relationship with me but i also need to be careful as iam dating for the purpose of marraige and i posted this thread because i wanted and was looking for opinions on the matter from a biblical perpective. many religious claim to follow god and be christian but we must be vigilant and aware what religions are truly christian.

paraclete- yes i do agree with what you are saying most catholics have a religious mindset and therefore disregard or dont consider biblical scriptures.

hauntinghelper-its better to just have a relationshp with christ so that there wouldnt be any religious catholic teachings holding us down since like paraclete said catholics have this religious mindset and they get misguided. born again christians need to focus on god and only god. i think it would be better if i be with someone who will like you say help me grow instead of bring me down in my faith and that have a similar mindset as i do. good example with 2 corinthians. also he is not the practicing type which can damage my relationship with god in the long run.

iam not trying to debate or argue iam simply providing my reasons and taking a biblical stand on the matter. :)

Its at this point that I have to ask. Have you actually read a Catholic Bible? You seem to do things directly against biblical teachings and Im just trying to figure out why.
    solidzane Posts: 111, Reputation: 8

Nov 25, 2011, 10:29 PM
    Just my final few words... The point I was trying to make is that they don't worship the statues or the people they represent as Gods or idols... Just as another means of communication...

They aren't Gods, and the Catholics know that... Good luck. :)
    ladylove25 Posts: 100, Reputation: 0

Nov 26, 2011, 11:05 AM
    SOLIDZANE-they shouldn't even be communicated with. But its your choice :) thanks anyway.

CALIFDADOF3-I read the kjv 1611 bible.which is the proper bible to read. Nothing is altered or changed in this bible and I read this one.its the only one I need to read. What biblical teachings am I going against? Why don't you explain?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 26, 2011, 11:26 AM
    CALIFDADOF3-I read the kjv 1611 bible.which is the proper bible to read. nothing is altered or changed in this bible and i read this one.its the only one i need to read.
    Proper Bible? It isn't altered or changed from what?

Do you understand how that version came to be?
    Internet Research Expert

Nov 26, 2011, 11:47 AM
    CALIFDADOF3-I read the kjv 1611 bible.which is the proper bible to read. nothing is altered or changed in this bible and i read this one.its the only one i need to read. what biblical teachings am i going against? why dont you explain?
    Your not suppose to be judging others except for their earthly deeds. Its against the bible to condem someone to hell. Its not your earthly decision to make.

Nov 26, 2011, 04:15 PM
    Califdadof3- I'm not judging anyone on anything. I said that these scriptures Mark 7:6-13 and Romans 10:3-4 condemn the religion itself to hell according to the kjv bible. And I know how it came to be and what? It is the bible that has the authority which is gods word not the church.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 26, 2011, 04:38 PM
    i know how it came to be and what? it is the bible that has the authority which is gods word not the church.
    There are much better translations. Please research Bible scholarship and compare the various translations. And interpretation is everything!
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Nov 26, 2011, 06:18 PM
    Mark 7:6-13 and Romans 10:3-4 condemn the Catholic religion to Hell.

ladylove25,

Can you please explain how these verses condemn the Catholic religion to hell? Please reread the verses and point out how you made that interpretation from what is written.

Thanks
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 26, 2011, 06:45 PM
    I'll even print them out:

Mark 7:6-13 (KJV)
    6 He answered and said unto them , Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written , This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me. 7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. 8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do . 9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition. 10 For Moses said , Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death: 11 But ye say , If a man shall say to his father or mother, It is Corban, that is to say, a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; he shall be free. 12 And ye suffer him no more to do ought for his father or his mother; 13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered : and many such like things do ye.

Romans 10:3-4 (KJV)
    3For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. 4For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Nov 27, 2011, 12:17 AM
    Wondergirl-i prefer this translation.

DouLaLC-ok to put it simply in mark 7:6-13 it basically explains that people will worship god but will do so in vain because they will teach man made traditions and commandments of men. Which will make the word of god have no affect because of those traditions.

In romans 10:3-4 they being ignorant of gods righteousness and instead would go make their own through their teachings.

The catholic churh does has man made teachings that decive many people who follow them and eventually they die not truly being saved and becoming born again through the blood of christ only, thus they go to hell. I'm not saying all but most do. The road to hell is paid with good intentions.
    Internet Research Expert

Nov 27, 2011, 06:04 AM
    wondergirl-i prefer this translation.

DouLaLC-ok to put it simply in mark 7:6-13 it basically explains that people will worship god but will do so in vain because they will teach man made traditions and commandments of men. which will make the word of god have no affect because of those traditions.

in romans 10:3-4 they being ignorant of gods righteousness and instead would go make their own through their teachings.

the catholic churh does has man made teachings that decive many people who follow them and eventually they die not truly being saved and becoming born again through the blood of christ only, thus they go to hell. im not saying all but most do. the road to hell is paid with good intentions.
    Great this explains it all now and makes it so clear. You're a fanatic running around without a church (denomination) or following so you have the freedom to condem at will and interpret the bible any way you see fit. Don't worry you will still be in my prayers as someday you will need them dearly.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 27, 2011, 08:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post

That will unclutter his life too.
    Yes, it will certainly cut down on the drama.

Nov 27, 2011, 12:12 PM
    CALIFDADEOF3-so I'm a fanatic for following the kjv bible and that I am without denomination so I have the freedom to condem at will and interpret the bible any way I see fit? Nothing can be further from the truth. God's word is final whether I am in a denomination or not. If that makes me a "fanatic" so be it.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 27, 2011, 12:18 PM
    Do you read the Bible literally?
    Internet Research Expert

Nov 27, 2011, 12:30 PM
    CALIFDADEOF3-so im a fanatic for following the kjv bible and that iam without denomination so i have the freedom to condem at will and interpret the bible any way i see fit? nothing can be further from the truth. God's word is final whether iam in a denomination or not. if that makes me a "fanatic" so be it.
    It seems you just want to cherry pick the bible rather then understanding the true word. That is a very dangerous position to be in.

Here is but one passage of what God has to say about it:

Note what God says in Hebrews 10:19 25. Carefully read the passage:

"Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh; And having an high priest over the house of God; Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching. "

In these verses the Lord is teaching us to do several things:

1. To "draw near with a true heart in the full assurance of faith (V22)."
    2. "To hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering (V23)."
    3. "To provoke unto love and to good works (V24)."
    4. "To not forsake the assembling of ourselves together (V25)."
    5. "To exhort one another (V25)."

Ref:

What is so important about attending church?

There are plenty more that are directly from the bible. Take a look for your own self.

Nov 27, 2011, 12:50 PM
    Califdadof3-also denominations are man made. Churches are man made. My following is gods word.

Wondergirl-yes I do. Because it is the way to determine what god really is trying to communicate with us. When we piece of literature, but especially the bible, we must determine what the author intended to communicate. Many today will read a verse or passage of Scripture and then give their own definitions to the words, phrases, or paragraphs, ignoring the context and author's intent. But this is not what God intended, which is why God tells us to correctly handle the Word of truth. 2 timothy 2:15.One reason we should take the Bible literally is because the Lord Jesus Christ took it literally. Although we take the Bible literally, there are still figures of speech within its pages. An example of a figure of speech would be that if someone said "it is raining cats and dogs outside," you would know that they did not really mean that cats and dogs were falling from the sky. They would mean it is raining really hard. There are figures of speech in the Bible which are not to be taken literally, but those are obvious.

Nov 27, 2011, 12:57 PM
    Califdadof3-may I ask to which bible are you referring to? Thanks :)
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2011, 01:56 PM
    You should remember that whatever your intrepretation being a lone Christian is a lonely place to be
    Internet Research Expert

Nov 27, 2011, 02:13 PM
    califdadof3-may i ask to which bible are you referring to? thanks :)
    You should find those references in any bible.

Nov 27, 2011, 02:24 PM
    How exactly am I cherry picking?

I agree with what the scriptures say, but I am talking about the man made traditions of the catholic church (the 7 sacraments,confession, etc.) and their good works. The Roman Catholic Church states that Christians are saved by meritorious works (beginning with baptism) and that salvation is maintained by good works (receiving the sacraments, confession of sin to a priest, etc.) The Bible states that Christians are saved by grace through faith, totally apart from works (Titus 3:5; Ephesians 2:8-9; Galatians 3:10-11; Romans 3:19-24). These issues alone clearly identify the Catholic Church as being unbiblical. Every Christian denomination has traditions and practices that are not explicitly based on Scripture. That is why Scripture must be the standard of Christian faith and practice. The Word of God is always true and reliable. The same cannot be said of church tradition. Our guideline is to be: “What does Scripture say?” (Romans 4:3; Galatians 4:30; Acts 17:11). 2 Timothy 3:16-17 declares, “All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.”

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Gender equality in religion in the islamic religion [ 0 Answers ]

Is there any gender equality in the muslim religion

Deck supports required [ 2 Answers ]

I have a current deck ,size 16' width x 12' out from the home, beams used were 8"x 12' on 16" centers. Supports used are 3- double 4x4 9' high from the ground. Question, I plan to put a aluminum roof covering over the deck, will these support beams be adequate Thank You

Why frims supports community [ 2 Answers ]

If a frim has $250,000, why it would like to support sporting, socail or entertainment events within the community rather than being spent on a financial project? Which one would improve the value of the firm or more benefitial company?

View more questions Search