Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lbaven Posts: 153, Reputation: -4

Nov 21, 2011, 11:17 AM
    Can I change my democrat registration into republican?
    It was my first time voting for the next president of the United States of America and also I am Christian. So when I was 18 I was still a democrat then change my mind to a republican, but sometime on the election day I will sometime choose for both republican and democrat but sometimes not all time. Then my mom was a little bit upset and say you if you want to change into a republican you need to go State house and ask them to change it for you? I was 19 years old and I believe that. Is that true that I need go to the State House to change my democrat to a republican registration, or was it just a my mom emotion saying whatever was in her heart?
    kcomissiong Posts: 1,166, Reputation: 276
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2011, 02:01 PM
    Your vote is private, and no one will know who you voted for but you. In some states, you may need to register with a party to vote in that parties primary (which you can do with your state board of elections), but in a general election, you may vote for whomever you want, regardless of your party affiliation.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 21, 2011, 02:49 PM
    Agree, no one goes to the state house and declares what party they are. In some states you wlll as noted, have to register where you vote as to what party you will be listed as.
    This is for use when you vote in primary elections. But you are free to vote for any or a mix, I never vote straight party ever and vote for the best person.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2011, 07:18 AM
    Why does you being a Christian matter?
    Beardedsumo Posts: 28, Reputation: 6

Mar 13, 2012, 03:35 PM
    It would be very unusual for you to have to go to the Statehouse to change your registration. Most counties or parishes have an Elections office that handles those things. Some places call it a Commission office while others call it a Board. Your current voter registration card should have a way to contact them on it.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2012, 03:45 PM
    I bet your county board of elections has a site that you could change party affiliation on line or at least down load a form to mail in .
    magdiel1975 Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Sep 30, 2012, 08:10 AM
    Because Christians should not give a vote for a candidate that supports gay marriage, abortion.. etc, etc..

Why do you think that not all, but most gays, atheist and people who are for abortion vote democrat?. simply because that is the party that supports such ideas.

Like I said... this is very important IF YOU ARE A CHRISTIAN... if you're not, then this things are not of importance and you should vote mainly on political reasoning.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Republican/Democrat vs. Welfare [ 17 Answers ]

So, perhaps I should start with a story. A group of friends and a few acquaintances were having a politic discussion. Well, a friend of mine mentioned she was on state medical (she is paralyzed), and a person said something to the effect of, "you must be an Obama lover, most people on Welfare are...

Am I registered as a democrat or republican? [ 2 Answers ]

How do I find out what political party I am registered with?

Clear explination of difference between Democrat and Republican [ 5 Answers ]

I'm reminded of the time that Catherine - a little girl in our Neighborhood - told me that she wanted to be President one day. Both of her parents, liberal Democrats, were standing there with us - and I Asked Catherine - "If you were President what would be the first thing you would...

Democrat versus Republican [ 7 Answers ]

Many of you guys can add it up in one minute, so please tell me: How many wars were initiated by democrats since the beginning of the USA? How many were started by republicans? How many wars were ended by republicans versus democrats?

Democrat/republican who? [ 5 Answers ]

Are you going to vote democrat or republican and then who are you going to vote for? If you vote.

View more questions Search