Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fkatnik Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2011, 12:49 PM
    Customer Service?
    Hello! I have had an issue with Sears that I would like to resolve. I saw your notice to another person and would like to see if you could help me. Please replay and I will explain my situation.
    Thank you!
    fkatnik
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 20, 2011, 12:54 PM
    How can I help?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 20, 2011, 01:04 PM
    Apparently Sears has people monitoring the WEB for any references to problems. I know they have responded with a point of contact to at least two threads on this site. If you found one of them, then use the contact info provided.

If not, hopefully someone from Sears will see this. In the meantime, why don't you detail your problem so they can start on it or maybe we can offer some advice.
    fkatnik Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2011, 01:42 PM
    On July 7 we had a Sears Repair Service person to fix our washer, which was leaking. He fixed it, we paid $125 and all was well.
    Until sometime in late July or August when it started leaking again. I called Sears and scheduled an appointment for 9/27, well within the 90 Warranty, which states (on the back of the receipt):

90 Day Service Guarantee
    If, within 90 days from the date of repair, your merchandise fails to operate for reasons related to the original complaint or repair service, we will replace any parts that failed due to defects in material or workmanship and perform any labor related to the original complaint or repair service free of charge. If the service performed was Preventative Maintenance (PM) and a repair on your merchandise is scheduled within 90 days of the PM, we will apply half of the amount paid for the PM to the subsequent repair.

The Sears Repair Service Person did not show on 9/27, though Sears has record of that appointment in their files. He just couldn't get to me that day. So, ultimately, a Sears Repair Service Person was scheduled and showed up on 11/1 to diagnose the problem- a broken gear case. ( A broken gear case has symptoms of water coming out the top on the washer basket then overflowing and draining out the bottom. It doesn't happen every time, but will with heavy or overfull loads). The Sears Repair Service Person charged $75, and when I mentioned the warranty, he politely explained that the $75 was a discount because I had just had someone out. So, foolishly, I paid him and even more foolishly, I did it with a check. I almost always use a credit card.

When I called the Customer Relations department on 11/16, I explained my situation to Pat, # 25028, he could offer a $40 gift card. On principle Sears should refund my money so they can live up to the "free of charge" part of the 90 day warranty. I pointed to the appointment I had scheduled on 9/27 - for which the Service Repair Person did not show - as my proof that the problem had recurred within the 90 days. He said he can't refund my money and that a manager would call me within 2-24 hours. On 11/18, after no phone call, I called back and spoke with June, #71039, who noted there was nothing about this on my account and ultimately I got the same offer: a $40 gift card. She would not create a case number and would not refer it on to her manager. She merely suggested that I write the company.

My position is that I made a good faith attempt to have the washer repaired within the 90 days. I don't see how I can recoup my costs so I would like to take them to small claims court for cost plus fees, again on principle. I know that will take a lot of time and work to file everything, but there is a principle here of promising and not delivering.

What are your thoughts?

Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 20, 2011, 03:17 PM
    You sue them in small claims court. I may take all of my contact records, go and meet with the local store manager first. If they will not solve the issue, small claims is easy, and I am sure it may help prompt them to do the right thing, since they don't like to see their name in the newspaper being sued.

Next time you don't pay them, if you don't owe them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Customer service [ 1 Answers ]

Why is team work good for central customer service

Customer service [ 2 Answers ]

What is the difference between customer service and customer delight?

When in customer service if a customer yells what do you do?

-Can you give an example of a time when you experienced good customer service and explain why it was good? -Tell me about a time when you give effective customer service? -Have you ever dealt with a company that provided first-class customer service?what aspects it so good and how would you...

Customer Service [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know how to find names of senior and top level professionals working in MNC? i.e. Gen. Manager, Marketing Head, vice presidents, directors etc. I have visited their websites but I have not succeeded. Please show me the method to get this info. Either through net or any other mode....

View more questions Search