Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Annemieke Posts: 43, Reputation: 3

Nov 20, 2011, 12:13 PM
    When making meat stock, why should it never boil?
    When making proper wholesome meat stock, it is considered important that it never boils. Why is this, and does it matter if it boils accidentally for a few minutes?
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2011, 10:36 AM
    The agitation breaks up the fat into tiny particals and your stock will be fatty and icky. I did this once and thought that it would settle and the fat would rise, but it never happened.

I don't think it would matter for just a few minutes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I have to wait a whole month to eat meat or just eat meat on 8 week? [ 3 Answers ]

This is my last week and final week of my jaw surgegy. I had jaw suregy since August 17,2011. Today is October 13,2011 and almost month in Octobor 17,2011. I am not scare of eatung meat, but I want to know if it safe to eat it on October 13,2011 or any other days before October 17,2011.

My dog will not eat anything but any type of meat what can I feed her besides meat? [ 2 Answers ]

My dog,Sheba,will not eat anything but meat.I know why she won't but how do I get her to eat dog food again?Sheba is nine years old and she has some arthritis and I put an arthritis pill,that my veternarian gave me, in her dog food a couple weeks ago and now she won't eat her dog food because the...

I have a boil and I don't know what to do to it next! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a boil located on my arm. It is red and hard and it hurts. I have had it for about a week. Last night, it popped or opened up. It started pussing and bleeding. I need help on what to do to the boil now? I'm going to the doctors today.. do you think they will drain it or lance it? Or will...

Boil, zit, or something else? [ 28 Answers ]

I have some kind of an abscess on the inside of my thigh, I have been draining it for the past 3 days and each day that goes by the fluid inside turns a darker green and is very very smelly, almost like rotten meat. What should I do? Does anybody know what it could be?

View more questions Search