Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    browniegurl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2007, 05:44 PM
    Do I need to have a signature?
    I just had a question about adoption. Would the father have to sign the papers in order for it to go through? Even though you may not know where he is and he has shown no responsibility towards the child? Or could there be another way?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 8, 2007, 06:12 PM
    You have to try to find the father and notify them and get them to sign, the court will have specific things that will have to be done to find the father. IF after looking they can't be found, a legal posting in the newspaper is normally done.

It can be done, but there will be specific court rules that have to be done
    collinsmom Posts: 45, Reputation: 3

Feb 9, 2007, 04:16 PM
    I'm not sure what your situation is, but I would recommend that you talk to an agency or lawyer about what is required in your state. I know that in the case of our son (who we adopted), the birthfather was served papers that informed him of the baby and if he had any interest in raising the child, he had 30 days to present that in court. If he did not, after the 30 days, his rights were terminated. Hope this helps. I wish you the best!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Signature Loan [ 1 Answers ]

I received a "check in the mail" and all I did was sign my name and cash the thing. I needed a dependable car at the time. I do not regret getting the loan but then my husband lost his job. He has since found another job, but making a lot less money. I can't afford the payments on the loan. HELP!...

Signature Question [ 1 Answers ]

The only signature area for myself and landlord is on the security deposit agreement, which my landlord said she would sign by March 10, 2006; a week after I received my copy of the full lease; including this signature page. As far as I know, she has not signed the original, or if she has, I never...

View more questions Search