Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pregunta Posts: 169, Reputation: 3

Nov 20, 2011, 06:33 AM
    Strange Yahoo Mail Performance
    I'm in an apartment where there is wi fi and when connected I am able toopen my Yahoo mail. However I get a "forbidden" page notice when I try to open certain pages that open fine on other networks. I also have a plug in modem that looks like memory stick supplied by a local cel phone company. On that netwok I am not able to sign in to Yahoo mail but the "forbidden" pages open. What is going on?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 20, 2011, 06:37 AM
    If you don't control the WiFi router there may be controls on them to block those pages.

Why your mobile broadband card doesn't allow you on to Yahoo I'm not sure. You may need to clear your cache.
    Dexterzlab Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Nov 20, 2011, 09:10 AM
    1. This might happen because the ISP of that wireless router might have blocked the access to certain websites... However yahoomail is something everyone would be using so I really doubt ehy they would have blocked it

2.Check if your antivirus or firewall is blocking it... Try booting your computer in safe mode... For safe mode shut your computer down... Restart it back and keep on pressing F8 on the top of your keyboard till you see a black and white screen-----> choose safe mode with n/w... try going on Yahoo then...

3. You might try resetting the browser as well... On your Internet explorer click on Tools on top ----> Internet options -----> Advanced on top ------>reset

4. Make sure the address you are typing on the top is correctly spelled as www.yahoomail.com

5. If nothing works try calling yahooo : 1-800-MY-YAHOO (1-800-699-2466)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 20, 2011, 12:59 PM
    1. It is highly unlikely that an ISP would block any sites. That is left to the customer
    2. If the sites show up when hooked into mobile broadband but not the router, then its not the A/V or PC settings.
    3. That might help
    4. Yahoo mail can be reached by going to yahoo.com
    5. The problem is unlikely to be with Yahoo.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Log for Yahoo mail (Time opened , Times) from Yahoo! [ 1 Answers ]

I need from Yahoo provide me opened time and other questions for some mails... Please?! I'm Ready to Yahoo... but how?!

Yahoo Messenger on Yahoo Mail [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, I want to know how to get Yahoo Messenger on my Yahoo page. Thank you

Yahoo Mail [ 4 Answers ]

My neighbor has a issue with Yahoo mail,she can open and chat on Yahoo messenger,but when she tries to go to Yahoo mail it says this page cannot be displayed and will not open to mail.She can log onto Yahoo.com and everything Yahoo except Yahoo mail.I have done everything I think possible except...

View more questions Search