Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    query1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2011, 02:36 AM
    Spicules in wisdom teeth extracted area
    I had my right lower wisdom teeth extracted surgically almost a year ago but for the last two days I feel a white thin protrusion (a very tiny one) almost close to the extracted area. It is not so painful so far but slightly sore. What is it and should I visit a dentist for treatment. I have started doing salt water rinse 5 times a day from today. Please advise. Thanks
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2011, 06:33 AM
    What you are experiencing is fairly common. They are tiny bone chips that have worked their way to the surface. As they come to the surface you can probably use some tweezers and remove them yourself or go see your dentist and have them removed for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why am I having pain in my regular teeth after I got all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I just got my wisdom teeth removed 5 days ago. I wanted to know when I would be able to lay flat in bed? I have been propping up my head with pillows for the past 4 nights and wanted to know when is a good time to start sleeping normally. Also, I am having a lot of pain in my lower left side of...

What is causing me to have chest pain after I had 4 wisdom teeth extracted? [ 2 Answers ]

I had 4 teeth extracted on Friday and I am still bleeding still swollen I have pus coming out of my mouth and I am having chest pain could this be something serious

Pain in gum behind teeth (wisdom teethe extracted 30 yrs ago) [ 1 Answers ]

For the past two weeks I had what I thought was an extremely sore throat. I now realize it is not my throat at all, it is my lower gum/jaw behind where my wisdom tooth used to be (extracted >15 yrs ago). If I press on the area it is extremely painful but there are no sores. It is also painful on...

Wisdom Teeth [ 14 Answers ]

My son had his 4 wisdom teeth and 4 back molars removed yesterday. He has kept the gause on nad changed as needed. He has now put the tea bags on the spot since it is still bleeding. Is this normal? Should he put the gause back in? I do not want him to get dry sockets as I have heard that this...

Wisdom tooth only halfway extracted by dentist... is this normal? [ 1 Answers ]

I recently had three wisdom teeth pulled. They came through the gum like molars, so I was told they were able to be pulled. I had x-rays, etc. before the procedure. My top two came out fine. My dentist told me that part of the root was still in my jaw, but would be OK. She then tried to pull out my...

View more questions Search