agi50 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2011, 01:22 AM
    My dog have acute leg injury pain
    I can give human advil.
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2011, 02:47 PM
    No, you cannot.

Contact your vet to see what types of pain medications that are safe for your dog.
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Nov 20, 2011, 04:25 PM
    Agree, human medications can cause some serious problems.
    Check with your vet before giving anything.
    Have you had the injury checked by your vet? If so, if it were warranted he/she should have given you something to give your dog.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leg injury [ 2 Answers ]

I banged my left leg on a wooden shoe rack 3 days ago, that was left open. Its about 10 cm above the ankle and a 7 cm bruise that goes from the middle of my shin to the outside of my leg and the swelling is all around the bruised area, I can put some weight on it although it is very painful, the...

Dog has pain in leg? [ 6 Answers ]

My Dog is 12 yrs old lab/golden retriver and is limping on his right back leg, when he tries to stand up it is like the right leg is hurting him, he is not crying with pain, just limping. I give him medication for arthritis. Was wondering if I could give him asprin or tylenol?

Acute eye pain followed by temporary blurred vision [ 3 Answers ]

Every month or so, I get these weird pains in my eyes, and when the pain resides, my vision is blurry; I cannot make out anything I look at. After awhile, the blurriness goes away and everything is fine. What could this possibly be? I have experienced this since I was about 13 (now 29). Eye...

Dog pain in leg and back area [ 3 Answers ]

My dog is having a lot of pain in his leg and back area. He is very vocal and is bitting and is very stiff. His tail is very stiff. My dog is a beagle:rolleyes: :(

My Dog seems to have leg pain [ 7 Answers ]

I have a nine year old boxer and every now and then he holds his leg up like it's giving him a lot of discomfort. The vet gave him a few pills once that cost over$100.00 but didn't help the problem a bit. I hear it's common in big dogs but I'm wondering if anybody can tell me how to take care of...

View more questions Search