Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tnb87 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2011, 05:15 PM
    Can I get full custody back after cps gave my mother and I joint custody?
    Can I get full custody back after cps gave my mother and I joint custody
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 18, 2011, 05:29 PM
    It depends on the circumstances of why CPS acted. It depends on where you live. You need to give is more details if you want our help.

Nov 18, 2011, 05:35 PM
    Well I live in Texas and in 2008 I had a child that was beating to death by a guy I was with at the time. So cps got involed well they had me go to canceling and pareting classes all of that and at the end of the case after I finish everything they gave my mother and me joint custody of my other son but mase my mom sole decission maker of where me baby lives. So can I ever get full custody back

Nov 18, 2011, 06:28 PM
    Ever? Ever is a long time. You need to discuss this with your caseworker. If there is anything you can do, your caseworker will tell you what you have to do.

But this is pretty serious. I doubt if you can regain custody anytime soon.

Nov 18, 2011, 06:49 PM
    But they closed the case in oct. 2009 I'm no longer having to deal with them

Nov 18, 2011, 07:08 PM
    If you want to change the custody order you have to deal with them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can a mother get custody back after the father has lied to get the custody [ 15 Answers ]

I know a mother that has a back problem and subsequently got addicted To prescription pain killers. On her own she and to the best of her Knowledge having the support of her husband she went to rehabilitation At Mountain Manor. A few weeks after returning home from treatment her Husband left...

Can the mother get full custody after giving up full custody to the father? [ 1 Answers ]

My wife had recently got a divorce from her husband on grounds that she was unhappily married to him, and she had given full custody to the father because she did not have a way to support the kids. She did not want to give full custody to the father but had no choice at the time. The kids love...

If a mother gives full custody to the father can she get it back? [ 6 Answers ]

I have been with my boyfriend for 3 years now we have a son together he also has 2 girl 9 and 4 with his ex wife. She gave full custody to the father in April of 2006 because she was unable to take care of them any more. After that she got herself in all kinds of trouble with the law for drugs and...

View more questions Search