Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SarahLawrence55 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Nov 18, 2011, 02:11 PM
    Sad, depressed
    Hi. I'm having problems with two of my friends. I feel utterly betrayed... Sad,lonely.
    Three months ago, I went to the country, to Jenna's home to celebrate Serena's birthday... Jenna and I never did get along very well, not because we didn't want it, but because we have different personalities. I am not going to write every detail. All that's needed to know is that I was accused of something I did not do and I've been paying my "dues" ever since. I have been living a nightmare. If there's a god, I wonder if he is angry at me for something. For one month I could barely eat. I woke up anxious and my pleasure in stuff lacked...
    After talking to Jenna and several arguments with Serena who, by the way, decided to tell stuff to Jenna I told her in confidence, everything went back to almost-normal.
    Yesterday, Jenna decided to send me a text, telling me my favourite band was playing. I was going to invite her, but she automatically said, she was going with her boyfriend who is the reason of this whole mess... He said I said something that taken out of context and distorced made it sound like I was trying to pair him with Serena. Like I hadn't enough troubles already! She was my best friend. I'd never do something like that. Why the hell would I? Of course I would presume she didn't want me to tag along! And she didn't invite me... she merely said " simple plan are playing. Just though you'd like to know. If it were me, I'd like you to warn me" aka " I'm such a nice girl that, even though I'm mad at you, I send you this text". I am not going to her birthday and she took it personally, but I had my reasons. I couldn't go. I explained that... Best thing ever was her throwing to my face that I'm acting like my ex-best friend. Nice. Great friend. I'm tired. I know all I've written sounds awful, but I'm broken. Better yet my so-called friend is the one who decided to stay on her side. Instead of defending me, added that I wasn't being a good friend etc... And was the one to tell Jenna, I had been hurt with everything that happened. Funny fact: Serena always sleeps over, because otherwise she can't go. I never fail in nights-out. I failed this once and the world falls. Nice. I can't handle this anymore. I feel sad. I just wish all the time Harry was real. Yap, Harry Potter. I still wish I had a friend like Harry Potter. A brother... Something like that. Everything was fine before Francis and Anna started dating. After that, they decided they needed too much time for each other. And that I wasn't as awesome to hang out with. Nice. I just wonder what I should do not to feel like crap anymore. I just wish he was real. All the time. I would lie if I said otherwise. Help me.
    Foxfyr31 Posts: 42, Reputation: 3

Nov 18, 2011, 02:19 PM
    Get some new friends and stay out of the drama for a while. Meet new people that interest you and have like interests. Date somebody, find a hobby , jump feet first into a social network just to watch the drama from others. LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE. And forget about the HE said SHE said BS. Take a deep breath and focus on YOU.

Nov 18, 2011, 02:24 PM
    I wanted that, but sometimes it seems I have few opportunities... And now that I'm finally learning spanish, my friend Serena tagged alone... So, new friendships there is almost impossible. I just feel like crying.

Nov 18, 2011, 02:49 PM
    Cry then. It is after all an emotional release... be sad be angry but get away from the drama. If serena is going to your spanish class leave her alone and ignore her all together. Not only will this upset her more but will elieviate much of the drama between you and your classmates. Another thing to try is to confront her in front of new friends about the scandal she has brought before you. This will discredit her stories to anyone in the new circle of communication.

And if she was ever a "friend" she would not make you feel like an outsider in the 1st place

Nov 18, 2011, 02:58 PM
    I guess so. Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever find someone who won't make me feel like this. =/ thanks so much for your support. I really needed it.

Nov 18, 2011, 03:07 PM
    Your welcome anytime..

Nov 20, 2011, 09:19 AM
    I am so depressed about it all
    I feel so hallow and bereft. I can't function right now. I won't turn on my cell since the last time I did, I came to see a text telling me our friendshing was over. I don't feel also like talking to people. I miss feeling fine.
    I keep wishing I could run away. I keep wishing Harry existed. Is it normal?
    Lately, I feel like I can't trust anyone, because the last time I told S what I felt about my quarrel with Jenna, she twisted my words and went to tell Jenna... I just want to feel better. I don't want to be afraid.
    Also, I am 24 and having a relationship seems a faraway dream. Somehow it'd improve everything.
    HotHoneyVintage Posts: 231, Reputation: 6

Nov 20, 2011, 09:30 AM
    You sound like you need depression medication. Sorry to say. It helped me though even though I am still depressed, better then nothing I guess.
    AmyHalliwell Posts: 8, Reputation: 3

Nov 20, 2011, 09:42 AM
    Dear Sarah,

I May Only Be 14, But I Think Im Okay At Advice, My Friends Say I Am So I'll Give It A Shot xx
    Don't be upset if you have lost a few friends, I have lost many friends before, and I ALWAYS find someone to make me feel better, and I usually make friends with them, and sometimes, if it's a boy I may even go out with him. What I suggest you do, is this, the girl that twisted your words and told jenna, don't speak to, if she speaks to you ignore her, tell her to grow up, and stop being pathetic, and walk away, don't show her how you feel, then I'd go to jenna, no matter how hard and tell her everything, how this biach turned your words around, and tell her what you actuly said, and if she doesn't believe you, say it's the truth, and walk away, leave her to think about it. And for the man thing, most people find a man, there's always a fish in the sea waiting for you, its just a matter of finding him, so turn on your cell, maybe get a new sim, or block the people making you feel bad, and go about your life, find a man to make you happy. Trust me there's people worse off than yourself.

Hope this helped + hope you feel better soon
    Amy xxx

Nov 20, 2011, 09:46 AM
    The thing is: Jenna was also the one that started the whole thing. She assumed stuff instead of asking me, she brainwashed S in a way, which is the reason S has been supporting her...
    As for the guy, my luck in men has been little to say the least.

What bothers me was that I was so happy before that one freaking message.

Thanks you guys for the support *
    AmyHalliwell Posts: 8, Reputation: 3

Nov 20, 2011, 09:54 AM
    Okay, maybe forget those two, they sound like a right pair, there are 134 million people in the world, there are nice people out there, ready for you to meet xx
    Amy x
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 20, 2011, 10:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyHalliwell View Post
    there are 134 million people in the world,
    Actually, we just hit the 7 billion mark, so that gives her an even better chance to meet nice people.

Nov 20, 2011, 10:46 AM
    I'm so tired of losing friends =( If my ex best friend was here, I wouldn't feel as crappy... But she ditched me once she started dating her boyfriend

Nov 23, 2011, 10:08 AM
    What's wrong with me?
    The past few months have been so stressful. I am starting to get scared of my own cellphone. Every time I see a text, I am starting to see bad things happening.
    I am tired of drama and feel like shutting everyone out. What's wrong with me?
    Since all the drama based holidays in which I was accused of something I didn't do which resulted in a lingering depression. It took a while to things going back to normal and patching things up with people... But then with a friend I saw things weren't OK. She was hostile,e ven though we had talked and it was all going to be OK. She kept being hostile, even when she was supposedly being nice...
    Now, she's mad at me again for inviting a friend to a concert she never invited me to. She told me about it in a manner that pretty much sounded like: I'm going. Though you should know they're playing.
    Nothing whatsoever sounded like she was asking me. The funny thing was that'd told her I was going to invite more people to go, not putting aside we could go together. Now, I am getting jittery with my cellphone
    PokeXpert Posts: 43, Reputation: 7

Nov 23, 2011, 11:04 AM
    Know what? Nothing's wrong with you, this is just life, have you ever heard the saying "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger"? Well, not trying to be all weird, but things will be okay, in the end, I know you've probably heard this a million times, but it's true. God has a plan, and, this won't kill you. I was in a really stressful state, just a few weeks ago, I was really really stressed. Nothing is wrong with you, but if you don't believe me, go to a psychiatrist, he/she would probably tell you the same thing, you're not crazy, you just need someone to help you though this, they'll listen, and won't interrupt you. PokeXpert
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Nov 23, 2011, 02:21 PM
    You said you had lingering depression, have you had counseling?
    I'm not understanding what you mean by getting jittery with your cell phone.
    guitarteacher18 Posts: 45, Reputation: 5

Nov 26, 2011, 04:54 AM
    All I can tell you is forget em'
    If one of my friends treats me like that I pull them aside and ask them,"you would seriously do me like that?" don't let people do you like that, put on your big-boy boots and kick some ***, if they want to treat you disposable treat them disposable, people come and go, but brothers and sisters don't and they obviously aren't your brothers and sisters
    Someone said it was okay for you to cry, and yeah maybe, but I say laugh, because that should be the reaction to childish behavior, laughter. This "I'm not your friend anymore" stuff only flies when your in 3rd grade, how old are you? I assume high school, but regardless, these kids are too old to be doing this, so forget them and find some friends like me, awesome, and will have your back no matter what

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Feeling lonely, sad and depressed [ 24 Answers ]

I think I have Social Anxiety Disorder... I haven't made any friends in over 20 years. Sure I have "acquaintances", but no one I would consider "friend". I have always considered myself "shy". I have trouble talking to people I don't know. I'm afraid what they will think about what I say or do....

I'm always angry and sad, can't get out of feeling so depressed. [ 6 Answers ]

I feel really bad because I'm so angry and confused on what to do with myself. I feel like none of my friends are there for me right now. Everyone is always busy! I started liking a guy but didn't want a relationship with him, he has many girls that he talks to and I was just having fun with him...

I am depressed and sad living away from my family [ 1 Answers ]

I move to VT to open start up a B&B. I lived in PA with my 4 children and now have 9 grandchildren. They are from my first marriage. I have been married to my current husband for 0ver 10 years. My Dad is now 86. I have been in VT for 10 years. I feel the pull back to PA. I miss everyone so...

View more questions Search