Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dkmdorothy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2011, 12:03 PM
    My downstairs bathroom overflows and bubbles whenever a faucet on or flush bathroom
    My downstairs bathroom overflows and bubbles whenever a faucet is turned on or another bathroom is flushed. What is the problem and what can I do? Help!
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 18, 2011, 07:12 PM
    Bubbling or gurgling? Bubbles most frequently mean a clog. I'd rod down the stack with enough snake to reach roof top to basement floor plus 20'. If you have clean outs then you might be able to rod and stay off the roof.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why does my downstairs bathroom sink get water in it when I use my upstairs bathroom [ 4 Answers ]

The sink in my downstairs bathroom backs up with water whenever I flush my upstairs bathroom toilet or run the water in its sink. The back up water is dirty and has debri in it. I tried clearing the drain in the downstairs sink from any hair or what have you and I tried some sort of liquid...

When we flush toilet, use faucet, or do laundry, the drain in the basement overflows [ 5 Answers ]

We are having this problem with a new house that is only 2 years old. My dad already ran the snake through the drain and a bunch of goodies from the toilet came out... But the problem still persists. Please help!

The drain in my bathroom overflows. [ 2 Answers ]

Dear Mr. Plumbing smart, It hasn't happened before until over this week that the drain in my bathroom overflows, when just a little amount of water passes through. It overflows when you take a shower, or when you wash your face. I'm not sure if it was because I used a wash liquid to scrub the...

Bathroom lavatory overflows [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, my bathroom lavatory is overflowing and the water is not on. I drained the lavatory, removed and cleaned the trap and drain line until it disappears into the wall. But there is a slight, steady flow of water coming back out of the pipe that disappears into the wall. Can you help?

Bathroom sinks overflows when washing machine drains. [ 1 Answers ]

A friend had an overflowing bathroom sink every time she did her laundry. She lives in a condominium on the 14th floor. I tried snaking the drain where the washing machine discharge hose goes into. But about 8ft. Into the drain I felt it snag into something hard, and tried pulling it out but...

View more questions Search