Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fb_king64 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2011, 12:52 AM
    Is it possible to have two operating systems?
    Hi dears I'm fazal khan
    I have dell optiplex 270 operating system in whcich I would like to have two "OS" in one hard drive I don't know the process there I'm asking you assist me in this issue . ThAnks for assistance

Regards
    Fazal khan
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 18, 2011, 01:02 AM
    Yes and no.

Yes it is more than possible to dual, or even triple, boot your machine to numerous OSes.
    No, it is not advisable that multiple OSes are installed on the same partition.
    That being said you can use different partitions of the same physical disc.
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Nov 18, 2011, 10:16 AM
    Yes it is what two Operating systems do you want? Running Linux and Widows together are relatively easy most Linux installers will detect the installed Windows OS and give you the choice to dual boot. Debian and all the Ubuntu Family of Distributions make it easy to set up a dual boot and guide you through the installation. If you want to run two versions of Windows you will have to make two partitions and install one version then the other you will get a prompt to select the version you want to use at start up.
    You can also install Virtual Box and run the second OS on a virtual machine giving you access to both operating systems with out having to reboot to switch.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Operating Systems [ 1 Answers ]

Noticed on here you have similar situations & I had Windows ME on my computer & it kept having issues so I was going to install Windows 2000... went to do this & it should have got rid of Windows ME but didn't & now I have 2 operating systems on my computer & I can't get them off to reinstall back...

2 operating systems [ 8 Answers ]

I took my computer to get fixed and when I got it back it said I have 2 operating systems on here how do I take one off without losing any of my stuff??

2 operating systems [ 3 Answers ]

I have windows 2000, then I installed xp and now have both os when I start up.How do I uninstall 2000? I've read some posts and am not clear on what u mean by formatting. I'm not very experience and need help. Thank you .

2 operating systems [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I installed XP pro rather than upgrading home. Now I have 2 OS on my PC. Obviously I'd like to simply be running pro and not home. I'd like to get all my settings from home to pro and get rid of home. Can I do this, or should I just uninstall pro and try and upgrade again. Thanks,...

I have 2 operating systems? HELP! [ 1 Answers ]

I reinstalled my windows xp professional. When the computer boots, it asks me which operating system to start from? I always pick the first one because it is the reinstalled xp. How can I get rid of it asking me that questions? This happened to me before but I forget how to do it.

View more questions Search