Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Suventura Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2011, 03:44 PM
    Help with my AquaSource shower kit 873-4604!
    I have an AquaSource shower kit #873-4604. The on-off handle comes off in my hand and I can't figure out what part is missing. Is there a screw that goes in on the outside where there is a hole, and if so what size? Also when holding the handle in my hand, I can see a long screw inside the main body of the handle that is loose, but cannot be removed. If I stick the handle back onto the wall, it stays in, but if you pull out on it, it comes off in your hand. Help!
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Nov 17, 2011, 05:16 PM
    Hi Suventura...

Most likely you have an ALLEN SCREW in the handle that needs an allen wrench to remove or tighten... ;)

Take a flashlight and look at the end of the screw... if it is hex shaped (six-sided) hole in the head then you should just need to find the correct size allen wrench to work wit(most are 1/8" or are metric in size).

If you don't have an allen screw then you areprobably missing that and will need to bring the handle over to home depot (or similar store) and see if you can get one of the appropriate size.

Otherwise, take several digital photographs of your Aquasource shower kit and e-mail them to [email protected] and ask them to help you determine the size of screw or issue with the handle. Include your name, phone number, address, and the problem you are having with the handle in the e-mail (as quoted at: How to Find Aquasource Faucet Part | eHow.com).

Check it out and let me know what you think, OK?

Mark
    Suventura Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2011, 02:43 PM
    Hey Mark, thanks so much! Your fix worked. I had tried an Allen wrench, but had the wrong size.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Re/ Aquasource single handle '09 shower faucet: No Hot water pressure;cold side is OK [ 3 Answers ]

I must need a new pressure valve.. I don't have hot water side pressure, and I checked all other components. Can't find AquaSource faucet company - seems to be only bottled water, not shower fixtures... Anyone with experience in this area please help! Can't find new parts, etc.

I am installing a steam shower enclosure kit. [ 3 Answers ]

I followed the rough in instruction when I placed my drain, but now when doing the install it seem that the shower drain has a flexible drain that attaches to the floor drain which turns 90 degrees . My problem is that there is no room for the flexible pipe to enter the drain. I thought that it...

I am looking for a repair kit for a shower diverter. [ 2 Answers ]

The shower diverter valve/plunger on my tub came apart. I would like to purchase a kit to replace the diverter valve.

Leaking Shower Kit [ 3 Answers ]

I have a shower kit that hooks up from the tub spout. It leaks from the back of the faucet when you pull the button out to change the water flow from the tub to the shower. This is in an upstairs bathroom and the water flows into the basement! :eek: Jen

View more questions Search