Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Dec 26, 2006, 07:18 AM
    How to: technical and scientific documentation/formulas
    The [math] tag lets you easily embed nicely formatted math in your questions and answers. The particular convention Ask Me Help Desk uses is mimeTex, a version of LaTeX. Please read the tutorial if you would like to use it extensively.

Example usage:
    Code:
    [math]x{\small_1}=\frac{-b\pm\sqrt{b^2-4ac}}{2a}[/máth]
    Example output:

Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Mar 12, 2009, 06:04 AM
    Wikipedia uses a slightly different version of tex, but I find their help page on displaying formulae well laid out and very useful when I'm searching for how to display a symbol I haven't used before.

The only real difference I have found is that they use <math></math> instead of [math][/mth].

The page can be found here: Help - Displaying a formula - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Create the formulas for the 10 column accounting worksheet using Excel formulas? [ 3 Answers ]

I need help with the formulas for the 10 column accounting worksheet using Excel IF function?

How to: technical and scientific documentation/formulas [ 1 Answers ]

The tag lets you easily embed nicely formatted math in your questions and answers. The particular convention Ask Me Help Desk uses is mimeTex, a version of LaTeX. Please read the tutorial if you would like to use it extensively. Example usage: x{\small_1}=\frac{-b\pm\sqrt{b^2-4ac}}{2a} ...

Technical Computer Program Documentation [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, There is a type of document that one creates in a programming company to document all elements of a created computer program. I remember learning that in high school but I can't find my notes. Does anyone know what is the structure of that type of document?? Thanks for any help lent! ;D...

View more questions Search