Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TAMDIO Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2011, 10:24 PM
    Under Age Marriage
    I was wondering if a couple ,17 and 16, (with parent's consent) get married legally in Tennessee can the couple move without the parent's consent?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 16, 2011, 10:52 PM
    No. In the State of Tennessee one must have permission of parents to marry if under the age of 18. For the record, I do live in Tennessee.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 17, 2011, 04:47 AM
    I think your question was misunderstood. If you get legally married you might be considered emancipated. However, being under the age of majority you can't enter into contracts so you can't get a lease or buy a house.

So it would be hard for you to move out.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 17, 2011, 05:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    I think your question was misunderstood. If you get legally married you might be considered emancipated.
    Thank you for clearing that up. I see that now. Scott is right on all counts here.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Under Age Marriage [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering if two people ,17 and 16, get married legally in Tennessee can the couple move without the parent's consent?

Under age marriage? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 17 and in love with a 23 year old and he loves me back but my dad hates him with a passion all I want is to be happy but my dad won't let me what should I do?

Appropriate age for marriage? [ 18 Answers ]

What is the appropriate age for a boy and girl for marriage if both are in true love? What is the appropriate age suitable for having sex?

Right age for marriage. [ 13 Answers ]

Hi I'm a male and I need to know which is the right age to get married? Marrying soon is good...

Under age marriage [ 7 Answers ]

I want to marry my girlfriend but my dad won't aprove and I'm 16. Do I have to get both parents to sign or can I get just one to sign?

View more questions Search