Ask
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 8, 2011, 09:28 AM
    This should help
    Attached Images

wdrbbq Posts: 55, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2011, 09:43 AM
    Finally got it. Thanks Curlyben. Thanks Uhnonimus too. Now, to clarify, getting to VSS in the Computer Management file was strictly for the purpose of explanation, correct? I'm not supposed to actually change any settings with the exception of within the Settings section of Defraggler, where I check the box in the Advanced Section that says "Stop VSS...", right? I think I've got it straight now. Thanks yet again for your assistance.
    haemphyst Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2011, 11:23 AM
    Click Start>Type services.msc in the search box>Hit Enter>Scroll to Volume Shadow Copy Service>Enable or diable as desired.

Mine's disabled, and I have no issues with it being so. Win7Pro.
    haemphyst Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2011, 11:35 AM
    Additionally, and in answer to the OP... the benchmark button is merely an I/O test, giving you an overall idea of how fast your system can get data off that particular drive, based on it's current status. USB drives will read different numbers, based on the USB interface it's connected to, i.e. 2.0 or 3.0.

It really means about as much as the Windows Experience Index. It's for your machine, at that moment, and may or may not change each time you run it, based on drive fill, drive activity, CPU overhead, overall computer activity...

It's really pointless to worry about it. It's possibly handy to help you see how fast one drive might be versus another drive in your PC, but it's just a number.
    wdrbbq Posts: 55, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2011, 12:25 PM
    I got to the shadow copy service and found it was off but I think I may have done that myself per previous responses. It's off in any event. Apparently it's been off for a while now with no ill effects.
    As for the benchmark drive button, I guess I'll continue to ignore it. It's just that with the size of the button I thought it was some major breakthrough in defragging. Thanks, guys.
    oroboroso Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2012, 05:28 PM
    Invoke services.msc:

Start -> run -> services.msc

Or search for services.msc

All services are listed there and can be enabled or disabled as required.
    oroboroso Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2012, 05:32 PM
    My apologies for repeating that info... I didn't notice the more recent replies.
    JeffScism Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2012, 11:17 AM
    Benchmarking usually sets the Drive up for optimum performance based on manufacturer's specifications. It maximizes performance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

SSI vs PHP - Which is faster (speed benchmark)? [ 1 Answers ]

Does SSI or PHP use less resources to include one file within another file? For example: <?php include 'file.html'; ?> or <!--#include virtual="file.html" -->

View more questions Search