Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ling885 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2011, 02:03 PM
    Delta dental insurance sent out payment, but dentist said no payment was received!
    Delta dental insurance said the claim was processed, and a check was sent to my dentist in August. However, my dentist's billing clerk said she did not receive any payment from Delta, she sent me a bill of the full amount plus finance charges in November. What should I do to straighten out this mess?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 16, 2011, 02:28 PM
    Ask Delta for proof of payment, they can provide a cancelled check.

But until it is, you owe it, so you pay the dentist to clear up credit issues, ask them for a settlement, by showing them a letter from the insurance, showing they were paid. Get a letter from them stating they never received payment, and send that to the insurance.
    ling885 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2011, 06:28 AM
    Thanks! Fr_Chuck.
    After numerous phone calls to Delta and to my dentist's billing clerk, the issue has been resolved. Delta sent my dentist a bulk check, payment for multiple claims; Delta has record of the check number and the check was cashed by my dentist. Instead of crediting my account, it appears to me that the billing clerk credited another patient's account for another claim. She wouldn't admit it was her mistake, but she told me that my dentist had agreed to wipe out the amount.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 17, 2011, 07:04 AM
    Way to go, sometimes it takes fighting the system to make it work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Second bill from dentist for payment? [ 5 Answers ]

Are dentists required to accept the payment that insurance sets? For instance I am billed 300.00 I pay 50 up front as co-pay insuance covers 120.00 now I get a bill for 103.00 this math does not add up. How is it set up?

I received 1099-Misc stating I have received payment of $2,000 in 2010. [ 2 Answers ]

I received form 1099-Misc stating that I have received $2,000 in wages or compensation in 2010. I am not self-employed; have not provided wages individually and am confused about the receipt of this form. How do I find out who reported that they paid me $2,000 for services and how do I correct...

I paid full balance to the dentist. How much I'd get back from insurance payment? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello experts! Here is briefly what happened. My wife had dental surgery in June. We paid a small portion (~$50) of the total ($900) at the desk and the rest was supposed to be covered by insurance. A couple weeks later I've got the bill from the doctor for the rest of the amount ($850) and paid...

Dentist office refuses payment [ 4 Answers ]

Can a dentist office in the state of Michigan refuse payment on a bill. I owe aprox. 850.00 and I sent them 200.00 and said I would pay 200.00 a month until balance was paid in full. They sent my check back and refused payment. Said they needed full amount owed in 30 days. I am not sure if this...

Never received payment [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend asked me to pay his phone bill for him, 3 times, saying that I would get my money back when he got it. The total amount is $300.00. I have been trying to get the money back for months. We are now broken up and he is refusing to pay. I have the bank statements saying the amounts I...

View more questions Search