Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    djennin3 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2011, 01:20 PM
    Putting another name on a deed in Maryland?
    I'm going to be married soon and want to add my to be husband name on my deed. Can that be done if so how? Thanks
    kcomissiong Posts: 1,166, Reputation: 276
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2011, 02:11 PM
    You need to provide additional information. Are you the only owner? Are there any liens? Is the home mortgaged?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 16, 2011, 02:15 PM
    If there is a loan, will they allow another name to be added without a refi ?
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Nov 16, 2011, 02:18 PM
    At the top of the Real Estate Law forum there is a sticky post that explains how to add someone to a deed. You can read it at https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/real-e...ed-569716.html

Nov 16, 2011, 02:24 PM
    Sorry I am the only owner for the last 17 years and there are no liens. Everything is to date.

Nov 16, 2011, 02:29 PM
    I do have a mortgage. I am the only owner for the last 17 years and there are no liens on my home.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 16, 2011, 02:40 PM
    Read the sticky Lisa linked you to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I do a warranty deed or a quick claim deed if my father has passed away? [ 8 Answers ]

My father has passed away and he had no will whatsoever but he told me verbally that he wanted to put the house in my name. But he passed before we can do that. He is married but his wife is illegal and does not work. And we all want to put the house in my name because this house is the last thing...

Maryland law - note vs. Deed/title [ 3 Answers ]

My brother recently passed away and had taken out a home equity loan for $40K on his home. The first mortgage was paid in full. His wife did not work and she is on the deed and title but not on the note. Since he has passed away, is she liable for paying the home equity loan even though she is...

View more questions Search