Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    betterliving Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2011, 10:45 AM
    How do I file papers to open a civil judgement in henry county GA
    What type of paper work needed to file against a judgement against a member of your family? I would like to have the case reopened. Acting probona.
    kcomissiong Posts: 1,166, Reputation: 276
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2011, 01:47 PM
    What is it that you are trying to accomplish? You can't file for a judgment, you can sue for money they you are owed and a court can issue a judgment. We really need more information to be able to help you beyond this.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 16, 2011, 02:30 PM
    If it is a smaller amount, you file in small claims court. But you said "reopened" who closed it, when and why?

If it is larger than small claims you will really need an attorney
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 16, 2011, 02:35 PM
    You say you would like to have the case reopened? That indicates a judgment was issued. We need to know the details here to have any hope of meaningful help.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2011, 06:52 AM
    Sounds like trying to set a Judgment aside (family member or not). Need more info.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Papers served for civil matter for cc [ 0 Answers ]

Help I received papers for a civil matter on a cc that is over four years old and they threatened to garnish my bank account I filed I answered the case and told them What do I do now? The lady at the court told me that I will not have a court date that I would hear from the attorney that filed...

Florida civil law on serving court papers [ 2 Answers ]

I have tried to have the defendant served by certified mail with failed attempt,I have paid the sheriff's dept. to serve papers with 5 failed attempts.I cannot keep spending money on this civil case yet I want my day in court to collect what is owed to me (just under 1,000.00) how can I bring this...

Need to file a civil suit to get judgement [ 3 Answers ]

I have an ex spouse who I was paying child support. It took the courts over 3 months to approve to stop child support. Now my ex owes me $7k in back payments and refuses to give it back(obviously). I am in NY state, do I need a lawyer? I cannot go to small claims with it since the amount is larger...

Served Papers About a Judgement [ 12 Answers ]

I need advice. Yesterday I was served papers about a debt with a credit card company. It is MY debt. I was young and very dumb about my credit cards. Now they are catching up to me. I am broke. I honestly don't own anything. No savings, I rent, and my car is financed. I as of right now have 19 days...

Judgement Papers Served in Georgia [ 13 Answers ]

I have a few questions. I live in Georgia. I was served with judgement papers for an old debt from 2000 that I just didn't (and still don't) have the money to pay. I have 30 days to respond to the Clerk of Court. I have since re-married. I do not work (my husband does), but I am too ill to...

View more questions Search