Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lriken Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2007, 12:14 PM
    Quit Claim Deed
    I recently took my fiance's name off the deed to my house using a Quit Claim Deed. Palm Beach County stepped in and re-assessed the value of my home because they said it constituted a sale. I thought a Quit Claim Deed basically is a transfer of interest and does not constitute a sale. Please advise!
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Feb 8, 2007, 12:15 PM
    A transfer of interest is a sale. The sale can be made for consideration (such as money) or for no consideration (such as a gift) but it is still considered a sale.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Doing Quit claim deed yourself [ 1 Answers ]

My husband wants to add my name to the title of his house and I want to do it myself by buying a Quit claim deed form. After I purchase this form and fill it out and have the proper signatures what do I have to do and where do I go to have it legalized. Please advise. Thank you, Mistyrita:)

Quit claim deed [ 26 Answers ]

In 1997 My ex and I purchased a home in California. I was deliquint on my child support so the real estate agent surggested that we repair her credit and use her name only. This would keep a lean off the house. A few months after we moved into the home I was told that the finance company asked for...

Corrective Deed, New Quit Claim Deed, or See an Attorney? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a major problem with a quit claim deed that was done regarding my father's property. The intention was to put me in the deed but as an heir to the property, not as a co-owner or anything like that. So, a quit claim deed was filled out and recorded at the clerk of the circuit court. However,...

Quit Claim Deed [ 2 Answers ]

Hello: I have a myriad of financial issues at this point in time. I have about 65k of unsecured debt. I have no assets with equity in them. My home is fully mortaged with no equity. I am falling behind on my unsecured debts and I am worried that they will file a lien on my home residence. ...

View more questions Search