Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cs1952 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2007, 11:53 AM
    Losing brake fluid
    On my 1982 Ford F-100 pickup, I am losing brake fluid. Over the past year I have replaced front disc pads, new hoses, rear wheel cylinders, and re-built master cylinder. The front reservoir of the master cylinder constantly goes down. And the master cylinder body is usually wet almost like the fluid is coming out around the cap and seal. I have replaced the master cylinder three times in the last 6 years thinking that the seals were gone. Could there be some way that pressure is bleeding back into the cylinder to force fluid out past the cap? There is an "equalizer valve" in the line but what it does I ain't too sure. Any help will be appreciated.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 8, 2007, 01:03 PM
    If you are not using a flare wrench when undoing the brake lines, the nuts can become destorted and leak. Clean area thoroughly and watch where the leak begins.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fluid mechanics [ 1 Answers ]

Sir If I send you some short question in fluid mechanics could you respond to me .

What kind of fluid is it? [ 3 Answers ]

OK, I recently discovered that I started to squirting like a water fountain when I reach orgasms... so my question is... does the fluid squirt out of my pee hole? Or my vagina? Is it pee? Or just some fluid?

Brake fluid loss [ 9 Answers ]

My 1993 Honda Civic requires topping up of the brake fluid every 3 months due to the light coming on. There are no leaks in the master cylinder and no leaks at the brake pads (I checked all 4 wheels). There is also no dripping of brake fluid in my driveway. This has been happening for 2...

Cervical fluid [ 1 Answers ]

I am having trouble distinguishing wet/sticky creamy, etc... I have an estimated fertile time of thurs June 9, 10, 11, with possible o on 12th. I am seeing signs of approaching o in my cervical fluid. I have been dry as the desert until today. They say you start sticky, then creamy, then wet...

View more questions Search