Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davematt1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2011, 03:12 AM
    My gas furnace is 18 yrs old. It lights, blows warm for 3 minutes and stops blowing.
    The unit continues to run but will not blow any hot air. If you turn unit off for one minute it will fire up and again blow only for 3 minutes.
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2011, 04:36 AM
    Hi dave and welcome, sounds like your furnace is overheating (or thinks it is) check that all ducts and vents are clear and check your hi-limit switch. If you want to follow up, post type and model of furnace. Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas furnace blowing warm air sometimes and hot air [ 1 Answers ]

I have a gas furnace and it sometimes will work perfectly fine and blow hot air and then other times it will be lukewarm. The high limit switch was replaced. What would be the other issue of not having consistent hot air coming out of blower?

Bryant gas furnace starts OK - but blower stops after a few minutes [ 1 Answers ]

My Bryant gas furnace (394GAD I think) starts up in heating cycle OK - but after a few minutes the blower shuts off. The burners stay on. Then 30 seconds or so later, the blower restarts. After a few minutes, it shuts off again - burners still on - then starts again after 30 seconds. Repeats this...

Gas furnace still not blowing warm air after reset [ 2 Answers ]

We have the Carrier 9200 gas heat/cool unit (indoor). We followed the reset instructions and the fan is blowing but we're still getting cool air. What causes it to blow out only cool air and not warm? What else can we do. Again, our home is mainly gas and our oven works fine. I tested the Air...

Gas Furnace not blowing warm air [ 1 Answers ]

We have a Carrier 9200 natural gas heat/air unit. The control box upstairs says HEAT and Heat ON but nothing is coming out of the vents. When we turn the FAN on, it blows out cold air but no heat. I have run the unit w/o the fan so I don't run up the elec bill... is there a RESET switch we can...

Gas furnace lights, goes off after a minute or so, then blows cool air [ 6 Answers ]

We just noticed this problem today, on the coldest day it has been this winter. Don't know if the cold has anything to do with this issue or not, but I don't think so after reading through the forum. The problem appears to be that our furnace (about 15-20 years old, Magic Chef/Comfortmaker Ultra II...

View more questions Search