Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    landomando Posts: 43, Reputation: 2

Nov 13, 2011, 05:10 PM
    Should I pay my friends fine?
    Last week I brought some friends over to my friends room to drink. There was like 10 people there. We stayed there for about 3 hours and then we got caught by the RAs on the floor. There is now a 250 dollar charge because we were drinking in the dorm. He wants me to pay for the bill. And split it between everyone who was there. I think its his place and his responsibility. If he didn't want people over he could have said no don't come over. But he did let us come over and he knew the consequence of having people over. My point is should we pay for this bill. Or should he pay for the bill. I think if I had a party and got caught it would be my fault not the people who were over. What do you think? Should I go around asking people who were there for money and I doubt theyd pay?or what should I say or do?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 13, 2011, 06:01 PM
    Everyone who came over and drank should be paying the fine,
    Does not sound much like friends when they want to have all the fun but not help in any of the problems latter. In fact everyone should be sharing the cost of the drink also,

But yes, share the cost, it is not fair not to.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Nov 14, 2011, 10:18 AM
    It seems the guy whose room this one was not the "host" of the party - you were. But he didn't object to you being there, so my take is you should split the fine among everyone who was there - you, your friends, and the person whose room it was.
    rbfox Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2011, 08:29 AM
    Considering that all of you are probably cash strapped, it would be in the best interest of "friendship" to ask everyone to chip in. Considering that it was YOU who brought the people over, you do have some responsibility in this. As for just say no... what kind of friend does that?
    Then again, you guys may not be friends at all and his dorm was a convenient place for you to go and not get caught in your room. If that's the case, you are a leech and not worth his time. If he pays on his own, you are not his friend.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 1985 toyota pickup starts fine idles fine but runs ruff when in gear [ 2 Answers ]

My 1985 toyota pickup starts fine idles fine but runs ruff when in gear

Roommates fail to pay the fine after moving out [ 1 Answers ]

I lived in an apartment for one and a half years. I got a new roommate in the last 6 months of the lease term but he didn't sign the lease. During the last four months of the lease I went out of country and my roommate brought another three roommates with my permission to stay along with him during...

Furnace heats fine,circulates fine, but when put on a/c blower motor goes on and off [ 0 Answers ]

The furnace works fine all winter, no issues only when it is switched aver to a/c does it do this.

Is it true that on your birthday in britain, your friends tend to pay everything for [ 1 Answers ]

Is it true that on your birthday in britain, your friends tend to pay everything for you if you go for a meal or a drink?

View more questions Search