Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wilso Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2011, 03:12 PM
    What do I do to make the remote work again for the light part of the fan?
    Light bulbs are good and the fan works great with the remote. The light sensor indicator works on the remote but will no longer turn on the light. It was working fine and one day stopped.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 13, 2011, 04:29 PM
    Start by check for power inside the sockets, if none then open the canopy and put your test leds between the blue wnd the white wires on the out side of the receiver. If you can get power at the socket or the receiver then it is likely cooked.
    jamesdavino Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2011, 08:46 AM
    Wilso, make sure your wall switches are on the "on" position. The sw. for the fan motor could be on and the sw. for the light could be off depending on how it was wired at install.Also could be a loose conn. In the ceiling box either with the white wires or the black and or blue wires. Always check the obvious first
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 14, 2011, 08:52 AM
    James, if the fan works with the remote then the wall switch must already be in the ON position, right? The remote receiver works off only one feed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harbor breeze remote control fan light does not work [ 13 Answers ]

My harbor breeze fan light does not work with the remote or wall control. We have replaced the receiver, rehooked it up to all the wires coming from the house but only the fan works. We can control the fan speed. When we press the light button on the wall and remote it flashes red. Please...

Harbor breeze fan light won't work from remote [ 2 Answers ]

The remote works fine. It can control the fan very well but we are unable to turn the light on or off using the remote. This is happening on two of the three fans we have installed. We bought a house with this feature we can't get to work properly.

Fan & light will not work with remote [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan and light kit installed. The remote will not operate either but it will operate another ceiling fan in the house. I have switched the dip switches so they match this fan and light kit with the remote. The remote still will not operate either. The lights are...

Remote control does not work light but works fan [ 2 Answers ]

I have a remote control hampton bay fan. The remote control operates the fan but not the light. Will not turn the light on or off or dim it. Any suggestions?

Fan Light remote doesn't work [ 1 Answers ]

Our fan light remote worked good when electricians first installed it. Now it won't light and we can't figure out why? Apparently the electrician who installed the fixture threw away the directions to the remote operation without realizing it. It is a Hampton Bay product. We have the Hampton...

View more questions Search