Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bretb Posts: 32, Reputation: 8

Feb 12, 2007, 08:49 PM
    Unfortunately, the scavenger collectors will also be celebrating and toasting to your filing as well. It's too bad that they have to be victorious from your decision as well, as that's exactly what they want.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2007, 04:46 AM
    Hello again:

I don't know. If I was a scavanger, collector, scum bag, I'd hate it when the guy I was trying to collect money from declared bankruptcy. I'd hate it, because I wouldn't get paid.

I have no idea why bret thinks they'd like it.

excon
    rvivoforthfundingca Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2007, 12:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Miranda
    I am getting ready to file bankruptcy since I have about 30k in debts, and growing every day in interest. If it weren't for the fact that I have another 60k in private student loans that I have to start paying on this september, even though I am not yet graduated, I would try to pay the 30k. I just do not have the money to pay it all. My husband also has about 8-10k in unpaid medical bills. I am trying to figure out if it would be better on our credit for him to file as well. He never has had good credit, and I think it will take us forever to pay 8-10k since I will have about a $500 a month student loan payment starting this September. Does anyone have any idea if it would even make a difference on his credit score if he files bankruptcy? I have been told that we should not have a problem getting a mortgage after we both file since we will not be able to file for another 7 years. We would like to get a house soon since we are currently throwing our money away in rent. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    If someone were to file bankruptcy there are many lenders that are even willing to loan money out to someone if they have a SIGNIFICANT down payment. In your situation It with all you current lates and oncurring lates your credit rating is just going to contiinue to plummit. If you file bankruptcy you'll be able to restablish your credit in two years and some lenders will actually loan the money to buy a home just as long as there are no late payments whatsoever in that two year period.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search