Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    opfwinemaker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2011, 12:38 PM
    Wine Expert Kit Question
    I mistakenly added the yeast first instead of the bentonite? Is it OK to proceed or should I wait until I can replace the yeast and start over?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 13, 2011, 01:02 PM
    Bentonite is used for clarifying the finished product, so it would be added AFTER the yeast has done it's job.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 13, 2011, 05:00 PM
    Bentonite is usually added after all fermentation ceases, yeast would be first. How did you proceed?
    sandram50 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2012, 06:48 PM
    I added the metabisulphite #3 and #4 sorbate before I added the yeast what should I do ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Wine expert is IN ! [ 25 Answers ]

I'm here to advise you on anything wine and other drink related. I have 10 years experience in the UK wine trade and I have studied to WSET Diploma level. Basically a degree level course in wine. I have travelled extensively in Europe and to Wine Australia. I have a passion for Scottish Malt...

Ask a wine expert? [ 2 Answers ]

We are seeking to find a red wine we had a few years ago. We did not keep the bottle. The wine is red. The label is white with an oval middle comprised of either grape vines or a wreath with the name of the wine in the middle of the oval. Can not seem to find the wine. Prof Domman

Ask the wine expert [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Wine expert, My boss purchased a wine (2007 Angels Landing Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon) which is described as 76% Cabernet Sauvignon but then 3 other grapes are also listed with their percentages: 5.5 Malbec; 6% Petit Verdot; and 12.5% Merlot. My question: is it common to call a...

Ask a wine expert [ 0 Answers ]

Every time I buy Bonarda wine 'fresh' in Italy from a cantina, it is not frizante for about 36 hours, and it gradually develops a fizz. All the bottled Bonarda I have bought in Italy has been frizante. Is there a 'still' Bonarda? (I know that it may really be the Croatina grape that they're...

View more questions Search