Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    krspack Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2011, 12:10 PM
    2003 Honda Odyssey Front door lock problem
    Hi, I have a very specific problem with my 2003 Honda Odyssey. My driver side door lock no longer works with the remote, however the other doors do. It still manually locks and unlocks (depressing the tab). When you manually lock the door, the other doors lock as well (using the up/down tab). However, when you manually unlock the door, the others do not. I have replaced the passenger side multiplex unit which is often the culprit, but this did not solve the problem. In addition, I have checked the door actuator and found it to be fine. I bought a new door actuator and hooked it up. Same result. I put a volt meter on the connection to the door actuator and when using the door lock button, I get very low voltage to the connection. In addition, prior to depressing the door lock button, I am reading zero voltage at this connector.

Can you help out?

Thanks,

Kevin
    jershu3 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2011, 07:17 PM
    The thing with multiplex switches is that they do operate on only 1-2v. They send a signal to the body computer, which in turn sends 12v to the switch. Put the meter across both pins in the actuator connector, not to ground, then cycle the switch both ways. It should show 12v one way and -12v the other. If not, a common problem is a bad wire in the fraim where the wires go from the door to the body.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1999 honda odyssey idling problem [ 0 Answers ]

1999 honda odyssey was idling erratically one morning. I cut it off and restarted it and it was still erratic. I turned air conditioner on and off and the idle smoothed back out. No check engine light on or anything. Should I be concerned?

2003 honda odyssey ex timing belt change and crank sensor [ 3 Answers ]

I had a friend change timing belt and now when I start and drive it loses power and stalls, transmission light comes on also.I took to tranny shop and he put OBDII on it and he said it was crank sensor and contrl ,He said it wasn't transmission.I was able to drive it to the shop and back...

Accord 2003 Door lock, Alarm. [ 1 Answers ]

I just purchased a 2003 (used) Honda Accord. I cannot lock the doors by remote entry key, however I can unlock them OK. I cannot lock doors with the interior lock button, but can unlock them. The windows up/down seem to work intermittently with the key in door lock and I am beginning to believe...

View more questions Search