Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    v.jimenez7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2011, 12:00 PM
    What can I do when I have someone slandering me and calling the police
    I am a step Grandma to my son's 2 step children a boy of 13 and a girl of 9. I have been the childcare provider for the children for the past 3 and a half years so we do spend most of our time together until on Fridays when their Grandmother picks them up for the weekends. To make a long story short the Grandmother doesn't like me and tells the children they don't have to do anything I say and she tells them to call me names that isn't very nice. Last night the girl went to her Grandmas and told her I hit her and yelled very bad cuss word's at her and threantened her in which there is no truth I have witnesses to this fact, they then call the police wanting me to be arrested on the grounds of child abuse that I did not commit! I have a past felony on my record from 9 yrs, Ago and this is all that is there, but they are using this situation to there favor. There is a child custody case going on between the mother and the father of the children, I don't what to be the scapgoat for anymore harassment or slander what can I do?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2011, 01:55 PM
    Were you arrested in this latest episode?

Where is the children's grandfather in all of this? This is more his problem than yours.

If you can PROVE that untrue things are being said and can PROVE they have hurt your reputation, particularly if the situation has caused you to lose employment or other money, you can sue them - but it's an expensive thing to do.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 12, 2011, 02:13 PM
    Where are the children's parents in all of this. Why does the other Grandmother not like you
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 12, 2011, 03:04 PM
    OK, so your 9 yr old granddaughter told her other grandmother that you hit her, swore at her and threatened her. And you are saying you have proof this didn't happen. The police were called? And an investigation is ongoing?

Unless you are claiming they told the girl to say it, there is no slander or harassment. However, if you can prove that the other grandmother is poisoning the children's minds against you or one of their parents you might have an alienation case.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Theft. Police keep calling me. [ 37 Answers ]

This is in Canada. I worked in one of the liquor store, and badly got set up by the manager. My last week of work, the other worker didn't show up, I was working by myself. Then, the manager called me and asked me to prepare a list of alcohol for her. Due to she cannot come to pick up before...

Police have the option of calling for a needle loaded with a strong sedative [ 17 Answers ]

I-Team: Injection Used To Subdue Prisoners - Nashville News Story - WSMV Nashville This doesn't bode well...

Former employer slandering me to Recruiters [ 2 Answers ]

I filed a Wage Claim against my Former Employer for Mileage that they were denying me. Then a couple of months later his brother who is also a employee there threatened me. I was contacted by a Recruiter for a job and I was told that she had contacted my previous employer and he begun to say very...

Calling police on spouse [ 3 Answers ]

Should I call the police on my spouse and file a report if he takes all the phones out of the house with out my consent??

Can I sue for slandering? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a neighbor who is constantly stateing false information about myself and my husband. She has gone as far as filing false accusations in court, my question is can I sue for slandering? Please help :o :confused:

View more questions Search