Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pompjoggie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2011, 06:41 AM
    Carrier weathermaker 8000
    I Have a carrier weathermaker 8000 (don't know the model no) I just want to know if the out side fan should run while the heat is on.
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2011, 08:56 AM
    No. The outside fan is for the air conditioner.

Hope this helps,
    WallyH
    Pompjoggie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2011, 11:03 AM
    Well it says heat pump on the outside of the box where the fan is outside my house . Looks like the system uses gas and heat pump technology. The one AC company says not and want $88 to come have a look and the other one said that's how the systems suppose to work. So I don't know
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2011, 06:34 PM
    Ah, if it is a heat pump then the outside fan would work in both heat and cool modes.

I was under the impression that the 8000 was just a conventional gas furnace. This may be why you are getting differing opinions from the AC companies.

Sorry to add to the confusion,
    WallyH

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier weathermaker 8000 [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Carrier Weathermaker 8000 furnace. When the heat is turned on, the electronic ignitor glows and fan is running. The burner does not ignite. I have turned the power and gas off to the unit and reset the unit. After turning the power and gas back on, I set the thermostat to a desired temp...

Carrier weathermaker 8000 [ 7 Answers ]

Says aux heat is on but blower doesn't come on.Why?

Carrier weathermaker 8000 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a carrier weathermaker 8000 furnace and it come on for about 20 seconds then the burners cut off, the fan keeps going and it just keeps repeating this cycle like it is short cycling... Does anyone have any ideas because it is freezing in my house...

Carrier weathermaker 8000 [ 3 Answers ]

I have a carrier weathermaker 8000 gas furance... when the thermastat calles for heat the furance turns on it willgo for 3 for 4 min... then the flame stops and the blower runs for the 128 seconds... this is all normal... but the thermastat is still calling for heat and the furance kick on again...

View more questions Search