Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    den12 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2004, 04:01 PM
    Outlook Express attachments
    When I receive photo attachments (jpg files) in Outlook Express the photo appears in the body of the message but the attachment is removed by OE with the message "OE removed access to the following unsafe attachements in your mail(then lists the attachment file names)"

Is this a security setting? Can I change it?

Thanks
    cremedies Posts: 304, Reputation: 0

Oct 30, 2004, 04:47 PM
    Yes, it is a security setting.

Open up Outlook Express and click on TOOLS, OPTIONS, SECURITY, then remove the check mark near the top that states: Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus. This will instantly resolve your issue. You may have to close OE and then reopen it.
    den12 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2004, 10:09 PM
    Outlook express attachments
    Thnaks for your help

Den12

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Outlook Express [ 3 Answers ]

I'm running XP on my home computer. Since one of my sons "tweaked something" I can see messages (properties show full message is there) in the in box but the preview pane is empty. Similarly if you open the message the main message box is empty. If you print the e mail it shows attachments present...

Attachments in Outlook Express [ 3 Answers ]

How do I create a file to send as an attachment to my e-mail on Outlook Express 6? I cannot find someone who will help me. E-mail me at [email protected].

.jpeg photo attachments in Outlook Express [ 4 Answers ]

How do you stop .jpeg photo attachments from appearing in the body of the text?? These are very annoying, take up a lot of space. They also appear in the body of the email that the recipient gets.

Opening e.mail attachments using outlook express [ 3 Answers ]

I am running Oulook Express with Home Windows XP I find that I am unable to open some if not all of received message attachments. A warning notice appears to tell me that they may be unsafe. Someone kindly suggested that by selecting FORWARD in the toolbar this problem is overcome. Sadly...

Outlook Express attachments [ 3 Answers ]

I am running Windows XP Home and Outlook Express 6.0. I cannot open the attachments that come with my E-Mail. How do I open these attachments. Thank you Fred  NJ USA.

View more questions Search