Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chaikabear Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2007, 11:54 PM
    O2 sensor
    Hi everyone,

Please help me! My exhaust manifold cracked right down the middle on my 2000 Honda Civic LX. So I bought a replacement. Now the O2 sensors won't fit to the opening. Can you buy a longer wire for the O2 sensor? If you can where would you get one? Do I need to return my replacement? I know this question may sound stupid, but I have no idea what to do, and my boyfriend is currently outside taking my entire car apart!
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 8, 2007, 09:05 AM
    Be very careful here. Oxygen sensors are extremely sensitive to everything and, if you don't do things right, it will throw a code forever. Read section I below:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post223376

I don't recommend extending the pig tail, if at all possible. We are dealing with millivolts here. Get a Denso oxygen sensor--its pig tail should be long enough.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

MAP sensor;Mass Airflow sensor;Volume Air sensor-All Same? [ 8 Answers ]

97 Nissan Pickup - 160,000 miles - KA24E engine -Check engine Soon Light Code reader says volume air sensor. Is this the same as a mass airflow sensor or the MAP sensor? Where is this sensor located, in the throttle body injection? Just threw a new O2 (Bosch)sensor on it, I lost that bet.. it...

Knock sensor [ 1 Answers ]

The other day I was drinving my car. Every time I went to stop or turn, the car started to shake really bad. I took the car to Precision Tune Auto Car where the mechanic ran a diagnostic to read the car's computer. The computer detected that the knock sensor was bad. The mechanic gave me a quote...

Leviton 3 way sensor [ 2 Answers ]

I have 2 sets of wires with 3 wires at each location. I know which wire is the hot wire coming in (only 1wire at box #1). Other than that I'm not sure where to connect the other wires?

View more questions Search