Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scortcho Posts: 78, Reputation: 3

Nov 11, 2011, 03:34 AM
    How to separate two kinds of metal
    I have a small home foundry, I am wondering how to melt and separate two kinds of metal. For example, if I wanted to separate the copper plating from an audio cable, what is the best technique?
    HowHardCanItBe Posts: 46, Reputation: 2

Mar 28, 2014, 09:19 PM
    In theory each metal will have different density, so when in liquid form they should settle into different layers. I'm sure that in real life it isn't that simple.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Two dwarf hamsters have died 6 months old separate cages separate rooms [ 4 Answers ]

I have tonight found my two white dwarf hamsters dead in their cages. They are in separate cages in separate rooms.I have only had them 6 months - I had to separate them after about a month as they were fighting. They were in large plastic rotastak cages - loads of room each - in separate rooms...

My Altima sounds like metal is scraping metal when I go in reverse and turn left. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1994 Nissan Altima GXE. I had some brake work and front wheel work done around Christmas time. The control leg, an axle, and some other small things were replaces, along with the entire brake system. However, when I turn left or go in reverse, I hear this shrill, metal on metal sound that...

How to inetrchange 2 separate phone lines with 2 separate jacks? [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 separate jacks for 2 lines, Line 1 is Primary and Line 2 is the second line. I want to make Line 2 as my Primary meaning switch those 2 lines, how can I do that?

How to wire 3 separate lights to 3 separate switches in series circuit [ 1 Answers ]

I am running wire from the circuit panel to the ceiling in the kitchen, then to a switch, back to the kitchen ceiling light. I am using the same circuit to the same thing for the dining room light with a switch, and a light on my deck also with its own switch. The switch in the dining room and the...

Precipitation to separate metal ions [ 1 Answers ]

A solution in a vat is found to contain varying quantities of silver, barium and iron(III) ions. What procedure could be used for separating the metal ions by precipitation? Would I simply add something like water and see what precipitates out? Or would I add something like lead nitrate? I...

View more questions Search