Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tasha1988 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2011, 05:10 PM
    What is usually the jail sentence for probation violation?
    I am on probation for 2 years I get off probation in march 2012 my probation officer recently took me to court for not doing my community service which is 2 miles of picking up trash I am also pregnant 8 months that would be the reason I have not picked my trash up when I went to court they issued a "show cause" so I have gotten a lawyer sense I have gotten a lawyer my probation officer sent him a letter saying I was also in trouble for not paying my fines and driving on suspended license in January 2011 I have not been in any other trouble and I am doing community service to pay off my court cost and I have started picking my trash up I really am worried about going to jail pregnant what do you think will happen I live in virginia
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 10, 2011, 05:33 PM
    The driving on a suspended license alone could have gotten you a year in jail. I've witnessed more than a few people receive that. If you only got a fine... count your blessings.

What they COULD do is put you back in jail for the remained of your time. Plus any new charges. To be honest... much of it depends on the efforts you have made as the people in charge would view it. The right judge on the right day could go light... but appear to be not trying to comply or get a strict judge on the wrong day and they throw the book at you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 10, 2011, 09:09 PM
    Actually they can put her back in jail for the two full years, unlike parole, they can require the entire full probation time be served as punishment for violation.

You have not paid, you drove without valid license, and have not went on trash details, ** since you were on Probation, even before you were pregnant, how many hours have you done ?
    Also how many hours are you suppose to do ?

Nov 10, 2011, 09:58 PM
    Yes I have paid and did my trash pickup sense on probation the past 4 months I have not due to my pregnancy and I was drove on suspended license 2 days after they were suspended before I ever got a notice from the dmv.

Nov 10, 2011, 10:00 PM
    And chuck no where in my question does it say I have not did it sense I've been on probation you should read more carefully and stop jumping to conclusion
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2011, 05:54 AM
    In Fr_Chucks defense here, he knows this subject better than most people on the site. We only know what we are told, and many times have to read between the lines.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probation Violation? What do you think the sentence may be? [ 14 Answers ]

My boyfriend violated his probation by not reporting to his probation officer. She violated him three times for the same offense. He was originally sentenced to 5 years in prison, but was released in four months with probation. They just got him about three days ago. Why he was not reporting was...

Probation violation sentence [ 14 Answers ]

What is the consequences of violating your probation in GA for failure to report? Plus this person is a first time offender.

If you flatten a probation sentence in jail do I owe fees on that probation sentence? [ 1 Answers ]

Do I owe fees for a probation sentence if I served the time to flatten the probation sentence if I have to come out on a second probation that was ran consecutive to the first?

Sentence for probation violation? [ 3 Answers ]

My husband stopped reporting to his p.o. because (from his words) his new p.o. (his original officer was transferred) was mean and expected so much money from him when he was elunemployed. He only had 6 months left after 2 yrs of perfect reporting, community service and passed all drug tests. They...

View more questions Search