Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ryca Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2007, 09:48 PM
    Business possession
    We have a small business and have been building some products for a customer for 6 years . We have found ourselves unable to continue building the product and have offered to sell the customer the molds, which were given to my husband in lieu of payment by his ex boss before that business went into recievership in 1999. Our customer seems to think he owns the molds already but they were produced in 1994 by the original company and my husband helped to build them. He was of the understanding at the time that his company covered the cost of building the molds and that the other company would buy product from them. Can this company legally take the molds without proof of ownership?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 8, 2007, 07:09 AM
    Helo ryca:

No. They can't even take them WITH proof of ownership, unless you let them load them on a truck. And, from what you say, it doesn't look like they could win the molds in a lawsuit either.

However, in order to avoid litigation (and expensive attorney's), and to maintain business relationships, why not offer them a discount?

excon
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 8, 2007, 07:16 AM
    No they can't take them, but they can tie you up in litigation. They would have to prove they paid for the molds originally and left them with the ex boss to produce the product. You are entitled to see their proof before going to court.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Out of Business? [ 7 Answers ]

What ever happened to those companies that were selling real estate on the Moon and Mars? Did anyone here purchase?

Tell me some business plans of internet business [ 1 Answers ]

I am Biomedical engineer. I have interest in food, restaurants, medical equipments. Is there any business plans for me? pl. guide me

New Business [ 4 Answers ]

I am putting a product together so that I can get it into the retail stores. Any ideas on how or where to begin. If anyone out there has succeeded in this area, I would appreciate any advise as I am A NEWBE at this. I am thinking that I need to get in touch with the buyer maybe? Thanks...

Business to business vs Business to Consumer retail [ 1 Answers ]

How does Business to business retail differ from business to consumer retail?

View more questions Search