Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    awongberr Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2011, 08:32 AM
    Can I violate probation with a misdemeanor possession of cannabis?
    My boyfriend picked me up from work and then he was pulled over yesterday and the cop noticed a strong odor of marihuana coming from the car. He later found a joint and continued searching the car. My boyfriend took the blame and said that the joint belongs to me and that I had nothing to do with it that I just got out work. Cop checked my background and noticed that I'm on probation for Grand Theft 3rd degree. He didn't take me to jail, but he gave me a "notice to appear in court with possession of weed". Would this violate my probation even though I wasn't the driver and my boyfriend took full responsibility for it? I still have to go to court for this, but what should I do? Should I inform my P.O? Wouldn't the charges get drop if my boyfriend testifies in court that it belonged to him not me?
    awongberr Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2011, 08:39 AM
    My boyfriend picked me up from work and then he was pulled over yesterday and the cop noticed a strong odor of marihuana coming from the car. He later found a joint and continued searching the car. My boyfriend took the blame and said that the joint belongs to HIM and that I had nothing to do with it that I just got out work. Cop checked my background and noticed that I'm on probation for Grand Theft 3rd degree. He didn't take me to jail, but he gave me a "notice to appear in court with possession of weed". Would this violate my probation even though I wasn't the driver and my boyfriend took full responsibility for it? I still have to go to court for this, but what should I do? Should I inform my P.O? Wouldn't the charges get drop if my boyfriend testifies in court that it belonged to him not me?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will misdemeanor shoplifting charges violate my dui probation? [ 2 Answers ]

I have been on probation in one county in Georgia for almost two years, with one and one half months to go on my probation. I have quit drinking, finished all of my requirements of my probation, including 240 hours of community service, I've passed all alcohol/drug screenings, and have never...

Can tennesse violate me for leaving the state on misdemeanor probation? [ 4 Answers ]

Can tennesse violate me for leaving the state on misdemeanor probation? I moved to Alabama 2 weeks ago. I'm going back to tennesse to go to my appointment on the 22nd can they violate me if I tell them I've been in Alabama?

What will happen to me if I violate felony probation in Texas for drug possession [ 2 Answers ]

So I had a 2nd degree possession of a controlled substance felony four years ago. I chose deferred adjudication with inpatient treatment. About one and a half years later I violated for positive drug tests. My probation was revoked, and I had to go before the judge. He restarted my probation...

What happens when you violate felony probation with a misdemeanor? [ 8 Answers ]

My boyfriend was into about 6 months of felony probation and his P.O. was really pleased with how he was doing, he then was pulled over for going 5 mph over the speed limit... and they searched him and his car because he told them he was on probation. So he had his friend with him and they searched...

What will happen if you violate a felony probation with a misdemeanor? [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend got a felony for grand theft and they gave him probation. He violated with a misdemeanor for stealing some video games from target which he was going to pawn for money. What is going to happen to him when he goes to court? The grand theft was his first offense.

View more questions Search