Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pahen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2011, 07:13 AM
    Fat deposits in blood
    I was donating plasma yesterday. The filter on the machine kept clogging because of fat deposits in my blood. Eventually after about 1 1/2 hrs I was finally rejected because it clotted completely and they were not able to return by blood to me, resulting in a cell loss. I have donated blood and plasma before, but they often have trouble finding my veins and/or my veins rolling around. However this is the first that there was an issue with fat deposits in the filter system.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 10, 2011, 10:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pahen View Post
    I was donating plasma yesterday. The filter on the machine kept clogging because of fat deposits in my blood. Eventually after about 1 1/2 hrs I was finally rejected because it clotted completely and they were not able to return by blood to me, resulting in a cell loss. I have donated blood and plasma before, but they often have trouble finding my veins and/or my veins rolling around. However this is the first that there was an issue with fat deposits in the filter system.
    If you had that much plaque in your blood vessels, I am sure you wouldn't be alive to donate next time. That is, enough fatty material to do damage to their machines. If I were you I would ask them to clarify this.

Not finding veins and/or veins moving around is normal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are these small deposits of fat or skin under my armpits? [ 2 Answers ]

What are these small deposits of fat or skin, kind of balled up, under my armpits?

Security deposits/pet deposits - Texas tenant law [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, This involves a lease that went month to month and verbal agreements. During tenants stay, they broke several personal items (sculptures, fountain) on the property and brought in a second dog. In the written lease, there is nothing abuot pets. I gave them erbal permission to have one...

View more questions Search