Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mikey007 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2011, 07:09 PM
    Central gas heat
    When I turn thermostat on for heat,the gas will not ignite--I get 4 red flashes on my control board indicating (Thermal Detection Device Open).Does anyone know where the reset switches are?If I could find them I could possibly find out which device is faulty&staying open.The unit is an American Standard Freedom 80, made by the Trane company.The unit was installed in 1996. Can someone please help?

Model#AUD100C948H3

Serial#L373N7J2G

Check out some similar questions!

Why is central (gas) heat is blowing cool air [ 11 Answers ]

When central unit is turned on it blows hot air. Once it reaches it set temperature, cuts off and comes back on it blows cool air? What could be the problem?

My central gas heat kicks on but does not light or heat up what is the problem? [ 1 Answers ]

Central gas heat kicks on briefly but their is no flame

Blower is not turning on with central gas heat [ 1 Answers ]

I noticed a burning smell coming out of the air ducts. We turned the heat off. When we tried to turn the heat back on the heat ignited in the furnace but the blower never turned on after about 1-2 minutes the heat turned off. We noticed the burning smell again. If I turn the blower to on, on the...

Electri Central heat noy putting out any real heat [ 1 Answers ]

My son's condo has central heat and air, but when the heat setting is put on, there is very little heat being produced. The air coming from the registers is barely warm. Trying to get an idea of what the problem might be. He has installed a new thermostat, but that didn't help at all. Thanks

Too much condensation w/ central gas heat [ 2 Answers ]

I knew something was wrong when I came home and all my windows were fogged up. I do live in Alabama- it's been raining all day and is 41. When the gas central heat comes on it's like a sauna! What's going on?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.