Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DonQuixote51 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2011, 06:06 PM
    How do I find out if I was a veteran?
    I had a severe motorcycle accident sometime in the early 80's I believe it was and have no idea if I was ever a veteran. So how do I go about finding out.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 9, 2011, 06:11 PM
    A veteran is someone who served in the military forces of his country? Did you?

If the problem is that you lost memory due to the accident, you can contact the Veterans Administration to check.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 9, 2011, 06:32 PM
    Have you talked to your family, friends who knew you ?
    DonQuixote51 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2011, 10:03 PM
    I no longer have any immediate family or anybody related as they died some time before I had my accident. I have some long and short term memory loss as I was told I suffered from some neurologicial damage after being legally declared for over 7min and being in a coma for approx 72hrs.

Nov 10, 2011, 04:03 AM
    Did you have any identification? Do you know your social security number, know your name?

If so, armed with that information, the VA should be able to find your military record if it exists.

Nov 11, 2011, 04:11 AM
    Don,
    I'm not sure why you found my first response not helpful. However, in retrospect, I do feel maybe the first part was too flip. If I offended you in doing so, I want to apologize.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is a veteran [ 3 Answers ]

I am never certain when in a situation where people are asked if they are veterans of military service or just if they are veterans or if they served in the US military what I should say. I have always thought of a veteran as someone who served in the regular military during wartime but on one...

Am I considered a veteran [ 3 Answers ]

I served in the airforce national guard during the Korean war but did not see any active action--I served for seven years

How do I find out if I am truly a Veteran. My time in was very short. [ 8 Answers ]

Am I truly a Veteran? My time was very short with a medical discharge.

Veteran Disability [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, Can Veteran Disability income be garnished for child support? I have a court order for child support but the father refuses to pay? Can I have his income garnished? Thanks for any help.

Veteran Education [ 1 Answers ]

I am a "Korean Conflict" veteran with a ten percent disability, as well as a "Cal Vet". Does anyone know how I can find out what type of educational benefits I am entitled to? Thanks, Kavanaugh

View more questions Search