Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Nov 9, 2011, 02:28 PM
    Connecting an Ipod to a home stereo?
    How would I connect an Ipod to a home stereo? I have an Ipod Touch 2nd gen. 8 gig and a Pioneer VSX-80TXV.

Pioneer used to make a universal Ipod dock but it's no longer available and I don't think it's compatible with the Ipod Touch even if I could find one.

I read somewhere that I should be able to connect via cable but I'm not sure what kind of cable I should be looking for.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 9, 2011, 03:11 PM
    All iPods have a universal connector across the entire range, so one size does fit all.

Now you have a couple of ways to do this.
    1/ Simple iPod to stereo via a standard phone cable.
    Something like this would do it

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Cable-iP...876562&sr=8-23

2/ get a iPod dock.
    These are simple a set of speakers that you can pull the Ipod directly into.
    There's many different designs to choose from.
    Ipod Docks from Amazon

Hopefully this give you some ideas.
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Nov 9, 2011, 03:23 PM
    Thanks, Curly. But my stereo doesn't have a USB port. I've been doing some research and I think I found the cable that I need. It's a mini-stereo plug on one end and 2 RCA plugs on the other end. Now I'm shopping. :)
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 9, 2011, 03:36 PM
    The one I pictured above has both USB and normal Phono.
    The Large plug on the other end is the iPod connector I described.
    Keeps your options open that way ;)

There's loads to choose from..

The one you describe takes the headphone output from the iPod and then inturn to the stereo.
    If you have a Best Buy, or similar near you, might be worth a visit and look see.
    Always helps to physically have these things in your hand if you are unsure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting TV audio output to stereo receiver [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Panasonic plasma that I would like to run its audio output through the stereo to try and improve its sound. The TV has only, as far as I can tell, audio output connections at the rear of the TV , adjacent to the sides. These look similar to the connections on the attached speakers. Just...

Connecting stereo receiver to 50" plasma panasonic TCP50X1 [ 26 Answers ]

I have a stereo receiver with no optical digital audio cable connection. How can I connect it to my Panasonic TCP50X1? The guy at panasonic said I could try going through a VCR??

Connecting tv/stereo/dvd [ 1 Answers ]

Trying to hook up my: Old tv (but i do have a amplified rf modulator) To a dvd/cd player To a recoton fred stereo decoder/amplifier All so i can hear the tv through the stereo and also play cd's Can you help? [email protected]

View more questions Search